Friday, June 2, 2000

Jazzy's Rules for Dating & Relationships

It is time for me to put together Jazzy’s Rules for Dating and Relationships. Because, I want/need someone to share my life with. And I will look for someone to share my life with, but there has got to be some guidelines to it. These rules will be added to, perhaps edited, but always followed.
1) Know his past dating history. If he has cheated before, he will cheat again. If it has been a few years since the last cheat, he MAY have changed, but beware.

2) He has to be able to talk about more than sports and sex.

3) He should have no problem with the concept of ‘No ring, no fucking’. The actuality can be something very different. :)

4) He has to have ambition, a sense of planning, and awareness that God helps those who help themselves.

5) He has to be able to take responsibility for his own life

6) He should be maturer than your average 19-year-old.

7) He should have a job.

8) He should be dependable, reliable, responsible, steady,and any other word referring to dependabilty. If he says he is going to do something, I shouldn’t have to worry about it getting done.

9) He should have been on his own for at least two years.

10) He is honest, and has no shame in admitting that he is dating other people.

11) When we argue, he should not cuss at me.

12) If we have been platonic friends for more than three years, LEAVE IT ALONE.

13) If you loan him money, and he doen't return it promptly, be worried.

14) He should be proud enough to stand up for what he believes in, and humble enough to admit when he is wrong.

15) He should not refer to other women as bitches, ho's, broads, tramps, skanks, sluts, or any other derogatory term.

16) He should have a healthy relationship with his mother, his sisters, his aunts, his cousins, his daugthers, his nieces, and any other female family member that he may have.

17) Gentle horseplay is good. Slapping and hitting is a felony. (thanks Rella!)

18) Pampering is a must, and it can go both ways. (thanks Zoe!)


That is all I can think of right now, but I am sure that more will come to memory and I will add them as they come up. If anyone can think of others that I need to add, please feel free to pull my coattail and let me know.
I will NOT stop growing and learning to love. I will NOT make my heart grow a hard shell. I will NOT assume that my emotional awareness is low. I will NOT lead a life bound by my fear of pain. I will learn. I will go forth with caution. I will grow and become more aware and more beautiful in my heart and my spirit.


Stay Jazzed.

No comments: