Thursday, June 1, 2000

Guidelines

life flashes by
the scents and sounds of memory
shimmer like a desert oasis

I look back over the year and a half I have been in the OD, and I stand in awe. I mean WOW. I have come so far, and the road stretches out endlessly ahead of me. I have felt pain, love, joy. I had gained friends and lovers, and lost friends and lovers. I have overcome myself and built myself up in the process. I have done a HELL of a lot… more than I ever thought I would be able to do…. somethings never change. I’m still broke. I’m still overweight…I’m still sexually confused..I’m still too damn shy. But at least now I am aware of these things…and I can make plans to change them.

I will not become a weeper… who sees her faults and does nothing to changes them
I will not become a moaner…who complains over the things that are out of her hands
I will not become a lost child … who wanders without thought or hope
I will become an instrument of change…within my own life
I will become a harbinger of hope…to my heart
I will become a keeper of silences…to keep me whole

I am ready to step out there on faith… and go forth in pride.

*smiles * I love the fact that over the weekend, while I was in clubs I heard my two favorite house songs.. Pride ( A Deeper Love) and Follow Me…. : ) Theme songs for the year mebbe??

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: