Sunday, June 11, 2000

so on and so forth

Lately, the subject of truth has been coming up a lot around me. Telling the truth, being truthful, defining truth, living a truthful life. Sometimes it’s harder than it seems, simply because you have to define what is true for yourself, and then defend that definition. And then there is the pain of revealing to yourself the lies that you live on a daily basis, the lies the shield & shelter you, those are the hardest to shed.

Living a truthful life means that I have to be much more aware of what I do and what I say every moment of the day. I have to remember that the truth is always easier to deal with, even if it hurts. I have to be conscious of the little ‘white’ lies that I tell to soothe others, and I have to calculate if it’s really worth it. I have to be aware of the jokes I make and the stories I tell, of the comments I casually toss about. But it brings me peace. I don’t think at the end of the day about what I should have changed, what I should have done differently.

Mercy. That sounds so stuffy & presumptuous. *sighs* I suppose it’s like some peoples religions, it gives them a foundation to always fall back on.
Enough babbling. I’m going to bed.

Song of the Night: ‘Saving Grace’

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: