Thursday, January 18, 2001

Nattering on...

I like to sleep. Not always because of the pure restfulness of it (though that is one reason) but mainly because of the dreams I have. I tend not to have really big, swooping grandiose dreams of flight and magic and love and all that kind of stuff. I tend to have just…dreams of me being in situations and places that are possible, but highly unlikely. *sighs* I am not making much sense of this here…and I don’t think that I will be able to. It’s hard to translate something from the sub-conscious, into the conscious, and then into the finger tips to transcribe the emotions that I feel into words that I can still understand. *sighs* I don’t know.
Lately I have been having a lot of dreams about friends, and about me with camera in hand. *sighs* I need…need…need to get into me.

Anyhow… I’m sleepy. It’s almost 11…and I am going to be staying late so that I can get my paycheck from those damn bartending people. I was up late (and drank waaayyyy too much) last night, after going out on a date with Chef. : ) We went to a ‘eat-in’ movie theater and saw Vertical Limit. Really good movie. Had it’s shocking & gory bits, but in general it was a really really good movie. I haven’t had that much fun in a while. But…another wonderful thing happened. The place that we were at has a bar. And the bar is looking for part time bartenders… HELLO! I am looking for a part-time (hopefully night time) job with someplace in the downtown area. *sighs* It would be sooo cool if I could get a job there. I forgot to grab a application on the way out as me & chef were in the middle of a mock argument about one of the characters in the movie…but I can swing by there on my way home one night. : ) Thrilled I am.

Umm… finally getting my check from those shiesty ass people at my bartending school tonight. *rolls eyes* I went through way way too much to get this damn check, but I will be able to get my glasses using it. : ) As the ear piece of my current pair just gave up the ghost, this is a very good thing. And as my current contacts are as about as easy to put in as it is to put a cat into a hot bathtub with running water, the convenience of being able to throw on some glasses will be very nice. And besides, glasses go really good with my hair. Speaking of which… I LOVE my hair. It has been acting sooo good, it is just amazing. No more days spent re-twisting…all I have to do to it is wash it every other week, put a nice herbal rinse in it, and every once it a while tighten up the roots as I go along. Even if I sit down and do the roots all at once.. it takes me no more than 2 hours. And it’s growing SOOOO well. : ) In the morning, all I have to do is get it a little wet to shake out the funny sleep shapes it ends up in, and I am set. *sighs* love love love my hair. *does a miniature happy little hair dance*

In a little under a week I am going to be a student again. : ( Nope… not thrilled in the LEAST…but I want my damn degree so that if I so choose to change jobs, I can do it and truly will HAVE a BS in CS. : ) So that will be something that I do to entertain myself at work until May. : )

Oh…and I feel a hell of a lot better. I think I was just sick some kind of way. *shrugs* I seem to have another mild viral infection in my throat (maybe I have tonsilitis?) but other than that…all of those muscle aches and foot hurting stuff is gone. My hands still cramp up, and I am still dehydrated as all get out, but…I feel a lot better. Hopefully this will last.

I have been keeping track of what I eat and when…I figure if I can show the doc a list of what I put into me.. he can tell me where I am going wrong. Though I have noticed that I don’t eat hardly enough fruits & veggies. Though really… I don’t see how anyone could really eat the whole USDA requirements of fruits and veggies in a single day. That is A LOT of food. Hmm.. speaking of which.. I’m off to lunch.


Stay Jazzed.

No comments: