Friday, January 12, 2001

Doctor CashMoney

Hi there beautiful people. I am really starting to dislike my job that isn’t really a job because I never do anything job. *sighs* What have I done today? Write about 8 emails, hunt down some coupons for glasses, try to get my bartending check, and go grocery shopping (which I’m still doing…needed a break). Note, that NONE of that stuff is work. At least not the work I get paid for. Speaking of which…I got paid today. : ) mind you, after paying 1920.00 in bills, there ain’t much left. *sighs* But anyhow…

Doctor news: I hate doctors…though that is partially my fault. For some dilly reason I expected the doctor to be on schedule, and so I made the two appointements back to back. Of course, the PCP was running about 45 minutes late, and thus I had to skip that appointment and go to the GYN one instead. *shrugs* I know I’m fine in THAT respect… so I have to wait until early February ti find out if anything else is wrong with me. Ah well. The GYN lady said that some of it may be due to my weight ( no…really??) and as for the rest I need to talk to the doc. Hm. An odd thing that happened was that as I talked to the GYN lady about losing weight, she recommended Weight Watchers. Now…not to put down or disregard all of the people who I am sure have had much success with Weight Watchers…paying for someone else’s food and for a point system that I could put together for myself makes utterly no sense to me. As I thought about this, I realized that any diet that I follow would have to have the following characteristics.

1) It would have to be free. In other words, I can’t afford to pay to buy a special kind of food, or sit with a group of other people and listen to them talk about their weight loss or lack thereof. I listen to that at work.

2) It would have to be relatively convenient. That was one of the problems I had with Atkins, in that it is kinda hard to avoid carbs all the time.

3) The food would have to taste good. I can live with smaller portions, but I will not eat a little or a lot of crap. Hunger? *shrugs* I’m used to ignoring hunger (side effect of fasting) and water can handle that. So maybe all I need to do is exercise and reduce portions. *snorts* yeah.. okay.

As for the whole exercise thing… *shrugs* I don’t know. I would most likely be best off walking (inside…it’s too damn cold to do it anywhere else) but as I walk so much now that wouldn’t be that big of a thing. Weight lifting is something that I LIKE to do, so I can do that. Anything jumpy hurts…knees & boobs. Flex exercises (yoga, Pilate’s) are cool…but not very cardio. I want to look for some adult dance classes, cuz that is one exercise I would love to do. Hmph. Now when I tell the doc all of this, is he going to be able to help me put something together that I can really work with? I hope so.

Umm…as I got paid this weekend, I am trying to figure out what I shall do for my birthday. I am considering going to a club and shake shake shaking my groove thing.. but I don’t know where to go…and I really wish I wasn’t going alone. *sighs* I really hate Chef’s hours sometimes. There is really nothing major I WANT to do for myself…and that can *I am really hating this word* afford. I have promised myself that I will never never never again be in the state that I was this week of being so damn broke. I had to return a filter that I brought for my camera before I left for Philly to be able to scrape together the money for the doctor’s co-pay. I get paid too damn much to be THAT damn broke. I know that I don’t have much room to complain cuz I have a roof over my head, clothes that fit and food on a regular. But still… I feel like I am living on the edge, and I am NOT even living luxuriously (except for this expensive ass apartment that I love so much). *sighs* Maybe I am on too much of a push to get my bills paid off, but…it feels right. I knew I was going to be broke for at least two years…I guess I just need to get used to it and settle down.

I want to make a list of everything that I need in my place to make my house a ‘home’. There are things that I want in my house, but because I don’t have the money (WHERE is it going??) or it’s bulky and so I can’t easily get it home.. I don’t have. I want to make a list so that I know just what I need to get, and then every month, get at least one thing off of that list.

Hmm… I know just what I will get this month…


Stay Jazzed.

No comments: