Tuesday, January 30, 2001

Position of Power

I wonder how much one man can do in four years.
Will he be able to warp so many of our freedoms, and chip away at so many of our rights, that America will be radically changed?
How much influence will W. realy have?
I have never been much of one to be interested in politics, mainly because they seemed to deal with things that were far from me. Now however, I am very interested...

A sudden thought. If the access to abortion is limited to only women who have become pregnant as a result of rape or incest or when the mother life is threatened...I wonder how much the number of reported rapes will go up. It is already hard enough to prove in a court of law that a woman was raped...how the hell is she going to prove in an abortion clinic that she was raped?

No comments: