Monday, January 8, 2001

Holiday Recap

Well… I’m back at work the first time this year. Blagh I say once again. Nothing really new, but I guess I need to make some newness on my own.

The holidays were…different I must say. This break was…odd somehow. I can’t really put my finger on it, but it wasn’t the usual orgasm of fun and fremily love that I am used to. Maybe it is because we are all working folx now, and so that whole air of leisure that we used to have is gone. Or maybe it was the fact that I was sick as a very very sad dog for the first three or four days I was there, and I never really recovered from losing that time. I don’t know. The time simply flew by, and before I really knew it I was packing up to come back to Indy. *shrugs*

Christmas Eve – I was on an airplane early in the day, got picked up from the airport by one of my friends, ran out and got the very last present I needed and then crashed on the couch for the rest of the day.

Christmas Day – Got off the couch only to find more tissues, pour more orange juice, and go to the bathroom. If I actually celebrated Christmas, it would have been the saddest and most depressing Christmas ever. As it was.. it simply sucked because I HATE HATE HATE being sick.

One lovely thing that DID happen over the break was that I met my cousin, one of the many frist cousins that I have, but because my uncle is such a LARGE asshole, most of his children’s mothers have fled the area. Hm. That puts them in a worse light than it should. Let me put it this way. He has *thinks* 8 kids, by five different women, each of whom married him after dating him while he was married to the previous wife. *shakes head* And now he thinks his current wife is cheating on him…I say he is getting a taste of his own medicine. Anyhow…This girl-cousin is 15, one of the children of the wife who hates him the least. They live in Florida, and she wanted to spend Christmas with her father. I met her once, *thinks* didn’t really hit it off with her, mainly because I don’t like seeing my grandmother being treated like a fetch & serve girl in her own home and J (the cousin) followed her fathers lead in how she acted towards my grandmother.

We were supposed to have a family dinner together later that week, but as usual my uncle pulled a lovely asshole of a lie from SOMEWHERE to finagle his way out of it. The dinner was still nice though, with me, my mommy, my grandmother, my great aunt, my great cousin, and her man-friend. We had a good time and a lovely dinner. It’s a shame that J never really got to see the whole family…or at least her dad’s side of it. : ) It’s funny, I don’t evny her her father, knowing what I do of him. Such an asshole…anyhow…

New Years was quieter than I had planned. Originally the plan was for a group of 6 of us to get together in a hotel suite, and drink and play games and party and so forth. It ended up being a hen party, when all the guys punked out leaving the three ladies to sit in a suite ( a much smaller suite) eat good luck food and cheesecake, drink waaayyy too much wine and champagne, get jerked out of our comfy beds twice by a fake fire alarm, and sit up & watch the major Sex in the City marathon that HBO was kind enough to provide.

Oddly enough the best part of my holiday was the few days I had at home. I missed Chef so so much.. : ) It was lovely seeing him again. We exchanged gifts and he loved the gift that I gave him…at least the second half. The first part was a store gift some lovely Hugo colonge. Ladies…if you like that fresh airy smell of your man… TRY IT OUT. *grins* Get’s my tummy tickling just thinking about it…anyhow. The second part of the gift was a kinda memory book with pictures and thoughts and collages and bits of poetry and stuff in it. He enjoyed it a lot. What did he get me you ask….. a TRIPOD. A simply lovely tall as me sturdy collaspes to a little under 2 feet long TRIPOD. Oh… this man may have my heart I tell you. Umm we spent lots of time just lingering around the house. I have money issues. I didn’t want to go out anywhere because I knew that I couldn’t afford it, even though knowing him he would have paid for it all anyhow. *sighs*

Hmm… anything else exciting going on in my life? Not really… after I finished the drugs they gave me my period FINALLY showed up…but I am going to the doctor again this week and see if they can tell me something good, as well as to get a much much more reliable form of birth control. Then I am going to my regular doctor for my initial appointment, as well as to get him to put me on some sort of weight reduction plan. It’s got to come off, and as I don’t really trust myself to do this right, healthly and on my own, I figured I would get the doc to help me out. My goal is to lose at least 100 pounds by the time I turn 25. That gives me about a year. I might not hit 100 on the nose, but if I am with 15 pounds of it I will be happy. And the scary part is…I can lose 100 pounds and not be the least bit anorexic looking. *sighs*

Well… ending on a slightly happier note… I have made it through everyone’s diary… (except for Kelly who made her diary private… What’s going on lady????) and left many a note. I hope that everyone has a happy and lovely year…better then last year and worse than next year. : )

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: