Tuesday, June 19, 2001

Theme Entry...

Ahhh…. a theme that I actually WANT to answer….

Because I moved around so much, I don’t have a place that I went to as a ‘child’ that I still like to go to. However, as an adolescent, I found a place that I love to go back to because of the warm and wonderful memories that I have from it.

During the summers after my freshman through junior years in high school I was enrolled in the Upward Bound program. This program was held on the campus of Swarthmore college, which has to be one of the most beautiful schools in Eastern PA, if not on the whole Eastern Seaboard. The campus is actually an arboretum, and it was originally started by Quakers, which means that not only does it have old classic buildings, it is surrounded by a 120 acre garden. *sighs* Gorgeous…and the friends I made while I was there I am still friends with.

Every time I go ‘home’ I have to go to Swarthmore and wander about in the Nature and beauty of that school.


That was really trite entry… and doesn’t even begin to capture the feelings that I have about Swarthmore. *shrugs* The place brings me peace and it makes me smile. I fell in and out of love for the first time there. I made my first ‘best friend’ there. I danced in a troupe for the first time there. I learned just how intelligent I am there. I grew up there. I got most of the social skills that I have now from there. I worked the hardest that I have ever worked there…and loved it the most. To me, SCUB was the best part of my teenage years.


Stay Jazzed.

No comments: