Tuesday, June 5, 2001

ZOOM Zoom zoom

To put it bluntly, this is a crazy crazy world we live in. I just got a pre-approved loan for 20,000 for a new car. Can you believe it?? This is one of the great advantages of living in a credit based society… and being a member of a credit union. And the scary part is that it was so easy. I applied online, *thinks* YESTERDAY!! And today I could walk into almost any dealership, slap down my pretty letter, and say “ I want that car there”. Of course, I wouldn’t be able to drive it anywhere… but still. *sighs* Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the car to my house, and get a parking spot for it. It can sit there until I get my license. *LOL* Lord have mercy…wait till I tell my mother. *laughs*
Based on my analysis, the cars I can get my hands on for a reasonable amount of money (under 18,000 leaving myself plenty of tag, title and…hmm tax space). Hmmm okay, tax on cars is only 5%, so that would leave me with a 18,900 car payment…but none of the cars I am aiming for cost over 18,000. I have the following choices… and I think I might get a new one… *shrugs* If I can afford it and get the warranty and the comfort of knowing it’s new… I’ll do my own crying the first time I ding it. Anyhow… the cars are: (drum roll please!!!)

Honda Civic EX
Mazda Protege LX
Toyota Corolla
Volkswagen Golf GLS


Personally… I’m fighting tooth and nail against getting a Civic or a Corolla. If I SEE another one of those things on the road I’m gonna holler. Sooooo…..That leaves me with the Protégé and the Golf. As I don’t really want a hatchback, that leaves me with the Protégé, with I like anyhow. :) And I can get all the goodies that I want for under 17,000. WHOOO-hoooOO!!! I’m talking sunroof, CD player, pretty colors, cool wheels, maybe some fog lights, and a grand grand grand full coverage. *sighs* Who could ask for more? And I get to go around softly chanting “zoom zoom zoom”. And with the credit union prices, I will most liekly be only paying about 360.00 a month. Not too shabby... and with a car I can get a second job. :) zoom zoom zoom...

Ummm… nothing much else going on in my life. I am going to be leaving around 2 to go to the doctors and get checked (again) for nasty cells, as well as get a years worth (I think) of birth control pills. I am going to talk to the doctor about the whole suspending my period thing. I think that one period every three or four months would be okay. Only having one hideous PMS-y mood swing every couple of months would be lovely too.

I love my kitty. I need to take some new pictures of him cuz he is growing up so freaking FAST!! He almost looks like a cat now rather than a kitten. True, a very small cat, but a cat all the same. He doesn’t have the super sweet cute look any more. *sighs* There is one odd thing that he does though…when I am rubbing him and he reallllly get into it, not only does he do the whole kneading thing, he also likes to suck on a corner of the blanket (as I am almost ALWAYS under a blanket). It’s kinda cute, but scary at the same time… I guess it is rather like a kid sucking their thumb. *grins* I hope he doesn’t end up with bad teeth.

Stay Jazzed….

zoomzoomzoom……

No comments: