Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Writing it Out

So....I've uploaded my unfinished writings to this computer, and I've decided which one to work on. I want to dig back into The iLillium Chronicles - it's one of my favorite mostly undone ones - and it's also one that I've done the least work on.
I've got a full outline - climaxes per chapter (or so) timing and all that jazz. I've got most of my characters laid out. I've even got the first paragraph or two written - it's just digging into the rest of it. I'm still debating whether I should do it shorthand (on the PC) or longhand - I honestly think that long hand would be more likely to get it done faster, as I would be able to take the book with me anywhere - and maybe every weekend I could type up what I've written. *shakes head* It's always a matter of consistency - and heaven knows, I can't wait til C has a job and is out of my hair for a little while when I'm at home.


I'm going to share my 'synopsis' so to speak - just to give ya'll a taste of my brain, as well as the little bit of Chapter One I've written. :)



The iLillim Chronicles
This novel is about a woman discovering the roots of a secret sect of magicians called the iLillim as well as her own family heritage.


Chapter One
As I look back over the events of the past few months, I realize that true to the spirit of the god who got me in this mess, my only offering was a burnt one.

Really, it all started late one Monday afternoon. I was preparing my usual mid-afternoon snack - a fresh bag of Jiffy Pop. It had been a long and busy day, full of irate researchers who couldn’t seem to stand having this slip of a girl watching them like a hawk as they perused the Rare Book section of the Morgan Library. Normally, the researchers who visited us were quite used to Uther Anderson, the curators, iron hand on anything that went on in his library. Regretfully, it was time for the yearly influx of new teachers and researchers at the University, and thus the stacks were suddenly filled with hordes of young, brash, rude, researchers and teachers of antiquity.



No comments: