Thursday, March 24, 2005

One Year later......(Memphis Mafia help!)

(well....almost)


So - Our wedding anniversary is going to be Monday. Wow. It sure as HELL doesn't feel like it's been long enough to be a year, but at the same time, it feels like it's been much longer than a year.
So - what do I think of marriage so far? It's - a blessing. It's a wonderful experience for two people who love each other and are compatible and who are willing (and comfortable) with each other (and themselves!) to go through - this promising that my life and your life are now Our Life - and while there are certainly places where the two of us may not be walking along the SAME path - our paths are close enough that we can still always hold hands.
I look at C some days and am still shocked & amazed that this man is my husband. Husband. HUSBAND. I suppose we'll no longer be newly wed once we get over that fact - but I don't want that to happen, because everytime I remember again that he's my husband - it reminds me (with a happy little thrill) that I'm going to be sharing my life with him. Of course, I also look at him other days and wonder (still) what I've gotten myself into, and whether we will become one of those couples who seem to embody all of the negative stereotypes about marriage - and then we sit down, and talk, and suddenly it's all clear again - as long as we both stay close (emotionally, mentally, physically) and work towards solving anything that might come between that closeness - we will make it through (and by through I mean till one of us dies).


I honestly think that I'm happier at the end of this year than I was at the start of it - our marriage is no longer a scary change of status, but instead a mostly natural way of being. And now - at the start of this second year of our marriage - we've stepped into a whole new life - TOGETHER. We've moved, I've got a new job, we've grown into each other (though I still sleep like there's only one person in the bed) and - it's just - nice.





So - with all that said - I need HELP!!!! Memphis Mafia - I'm looking for a nice, romantic restaurant (price no object) with lots of mushy, gooshy, sexy ambience that we can go to for our Anniversary dinner. Mind you, the man is a Chef, so it's always - interesting going to a new pricy place with him. I've looked online, and see so-so reviews for La Tourelle, Paulette's and Erik Jensen (or whatever that guys palce is named). However, all of the reviews are over a year old - and I KNOW that a lot can change in a year. I don't wanna go to Melting Pot - any other ideas???

No comments: