Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Down to brass tacks...edited...

WE GOT A PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeee......................


It's a sweet little pad too - 2 story loft, hardwood floors downstairs, carpet upstairs (I can live with that) a fully fenced in patio, fireplace, dishwasher (thank HEAVENS!!) washer/dryer conenction UPSTAIRS - utterly brilliant that is - two bedrooms, 1.75 baths ( 3 half bathrooms - what does that really make it? 2.5?) brick walls, and in this ADORABLE neighborhood called Central Gardens - one of the historic neioghborhoods. The only downside is that it won't be ready till April 1st - which means we need to find someplace to stay with the pair for two weeks - which really ain't bad.


Now however, I feel like I can FINALLY start doing stuff - and it's actually hitting me that we ONLY have really two days left before the movers get here. So - for the next few days, I'm going to be going CRAZY!


EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




  • Get drugs for cats - should have these by the end of the day Kitty valium gotten!

  • Get apartment

  • Figure out what to do with the furniture that we want to leave I was considering freecycling it, but it's really in icky shape, so we are going to just toss it.

  • Find/rent a pump to empty the waterbed - C should be getting this today

  • Go to 1/2 price books and turn in my books

  • Call Cingular and get the phones switched - have to get a new SIM card once we get down there - no problemo.

  • Schedule for all the utilities to be turned off - doing this tonight (SHIT! Tonight!)

  • Confirm that the rental office got my lease termination

  • Submit a change of address form - need to figure out the best way to handle this

  • Hire cleaning person for the current place - I did this - he's got another list as long as my arm for stuff to

  • Contact the credit union and make arrangements for my loans - That was easy enough - just had to switch it from payroll payments to another kind.

  • Find the paperwork to pay off the 401(k) - found it, just need to send it off - I guess I'll get to money order when I go to the credit union today Sent!

  • Transfer my personal documents from my work computer - gotta LOVE Yahoo Briefcase!

  • Figure out what to pack for the two week break - PS2, clothes, toiletries, some books.....

  • Get bigger cat carrier with portable litter box

  • Start throwing shit away

  • Call relopeople to help us find temp housing - called them, she suggested that we find a hotel since it's only for two weeks. Got the hotel - *sigh* expensive, yes!

  • Call HR chickie to call new landlord and verify employment

  • Start packing my cubicle - started at least

  • rent hitch for extra room while driving down. We decided we shouldn't need THAT much extra room

  • make list of freecycle worthy stuff not enough time!

  • Call new landlord and see if he minds us sending our mail to the house, and whether we can MOVE on the 1st.

  • .....

No comments: