Wednesday, March 16, 2005

One day Left

So, I've been a procrastinating QUEEN!! I'm going to hate unpacking & going through all of the stuff that I really SHOLD have thrown away, but never quite got around to it. Also, what is the proper state for your house to be in when you have others packingfor you? I think I need to straighten up a few rooms. Also, why is it that I never notice the dust until I realize that someone ELSE will be looking at it? Ick.


Okay - on to the list (getting shorter!)



  • Find/rent a pump to empty the waterbed - C should be getting this today

  • Schedule for all the utilities to be turned off - doing this tonight (I said tonight last night, but I'm a procrastinating woman, and I'm going to do it tonight - really!)

  • Submit a change of address form - need to figure out the best way to handle this - based on the answer from DJ, am redirecting it all to our new spot.

  • Figure out what to pack for the two week break -important documents (I can't find my SS card) PS2, clothes, toiletries, some books.....

  • Get bigger cat carrier with portable litter box - C should be getting this today

  • Start throwing shit away - HAH!

  • Start packing my cubicle - all done - I'm in an empty, no longer mine cubicle. I never realized how much STUFF I had in here.

  • Call new landlord and see if he minds us sending our mail to the house, and whether we can MOVE on the 1st. Yes and yes!

  • .....


So - this afternoon was my farewell lunch (I'm SOOOOOO full) tonight is my farewell 'party' (beer and fun at the local pub) and tommorow - I'm going to come in late, drift around, make sure I say bye to as many folx as I can, and head out. The movers are coming to pack Thursday morning, they are coming to load Friday morning, the cleaners are coming Friday afternoon, I've booked a hotel for Friday night, and a hotel for the next two weeks - now I just hope that my dang money shows up before we leave.


So - maybe we're not in quite as bad shape as I feel like we are.....am I creating unneeded stress? *grin*


I'm starting to get a little sad now - I'm REALLY going to miss these fools! - but - I'm sure I'll meet a new bunch of crazy/wonderful people in Memphis - esp if the Mafia is any indication!

No comments: