Friday, July 8, 2005

dream memory....

Entry two for today.


Hmm......had this dream as I was waking up this morning - thought it was odd/interesting...


I was at home - going upstairs to take a shower, and there was this HUGE flying thing floating around.  Somehow, I managed to corner it in the bathtub, and I turned on the shower to kill it. I felt horrible when I realized that it was a HUGE black/turquoise/pale green butterfly..... but it was dead. I pulled it out of the water, and tried to dry it off to keep, but for some reason I couldn't.
Suddenly - the scene switched, and I was about to climb into a little canoe on some river to travel with some people (I think I was the nanny), but I refused to leave until the butterfly had been pressed/preserved - so me & another fellow (I think he was a priest) stayed on shore while the others left, and we gently pressed the butterflies body into his bible.
Then - I'm in Geneva, standing on a corner, talking to a mostly bald woman who reprimands me for being so rude to my employeers and refusing to leave until the butterfly was honored, and told me that I needed to hurry and get to the house we were going to before I didn't have a room. Then, some strange man came up to her, and started kissing her, and pushed her head into the wall  - which was made of some soft gooey putty kind of stuff that stuck to her bald head.
I was then walking up the street where the house was - my employers were sitting on the porch of the house across the street with a little girl who had blond hair, pulled up into a ponytail that was somehow about 6 inches high - like her hair was putty too and it had been pulled up into a point. I walk into the house, and three cats come out of a side room and start meowing at me. I want to find my room, and I hope that it's the same room I had before, so I open the door to the steps and go upstairs. I realize that there is a door on the steps to prevent the cats from going upstairs, which makes sense, as none of the rooms upstairs have doors. The room that used to be mine is moslty filled with twin size mattresses, all covered in burgandy sheets, and other random stuff that belongs to other people. I start to go up the next flight of stairs, and realize that there is a door on a ledge over the stairs that go back downstairs, and I try to figure out how to get on the ledge so that I can see if that room is empty.
That's when I woke up.


Writing it out, I think that every 'break' was me waking up enough to hit the snooze button, and I fell back into the dream at a slightly different point each time. Weird dream though - the butterfly was from the ones that we saw while we were camping - there were some HUGE butterflies up there. The rest of it - I've no clue - and while the house I was in seemed familiar - it wasn't The House that I usually dream about.


Somewhere in there was M, one of my really good friends, and I remember thinking how lovely his hands were.

No comments: