Sunday, July 10, 2005

So....I was thinking....

It's interesting where ones brain can take you if you aren't careful. So - I started out looking at books that we could take camping with us, to help us identify good/bad plants & animals. Then somehow, I drifted onto the backpacking section, and then somehow, I drifted into books focusing on women backpacking. That gave me the urge to go and look for blogs about women traveling the world - solo. Then, I thought - wow. That would be really cool - to travel the world, solo - and I started looking for a map - just to see where I might want to go.
Mind you - this is almost totally dream imagery - it would take huge amounts of money, and time, and just stuff. And as of right now - it's just kind of a cool THOUGHT - but.........hey - you never know what might happen in life, right?


Oh! The places I would WANT to go:
World Traveling
Egypt
Greece
Italy
Austrailia
Japan
Brazil
Peru
India
Nigeria
Kenya


Cities, why, and so forth will come later......*grins* This might be a fun little bit of imagery to do.


Let's see- how would I do it?? Not roughing it, but with only enough to carry with me at all times - basically, a backpackingtrip....but I'd be willing to stay in hotels, take hot showers, fly airplanes, and the whole nine. What do you call that? I'd want to carry a couple of changes of clothing, a couple of journals, plenty of extra memory cards, my camera, money, personal items, shoes, and a book or two, maybe a laptop - that would make life much easier, a sleeping roll (just in case)....hmmmm - some digestive medicine - anything else I might need, I could buy on the path, I suppose. I should learn French and Spanish...those two should get me through all of the countries I wanna go and see...maybe not perfectly, but at least well. *LOL* I'd be a black version of those hippie kids you see walking around airports looking all funky- at least I already have the dreadlocks - and the trip would help me lose weight too.


Hmmm...reading Art of Travel - European and World Backpacking On $25 a Day or Less... it's good..... :)


No comments: