Thursday, July 21, 2005

Goldiggers, and Lumps of Lead

Talking to this fellow online (completely platonically - ew!) and he's moaning about the fact that he doesn't have a girlfriend.

Lets see - 1) You still live with your momma. 2) You have ALWAYS lived with your momma. 3) You don't own a car. 4) You don't have a job. 5) And you're THIRTY TWO freaking years old.


Now - who, exactly, in their right mind would want to date - much less fuck this guy? I mean - he seems REALLY nice. And - nah, financial considerations should be a minor part of mutual interest - but to ME - it seems like.....this fellow has an utter lack of ambition or drive. He's got a college degree (in Electrical Engineering - so he ain't STUPID) and yet, doesn't work. Maybe it's just me - and the fact that I have worked since I was in HIGH SCHOOL. I started out at a library, then took a few years off of work to focus on getting a degree, then worked my last two years of college, then I've been working (ocassionally two, and once THREE jobs at the same time).

I left my mom's house as SOON as I graduatated from high school, and me and my mom have a GREAT relationship - but I wanted to start building my own life. So - I guess it's really hard for me to understand/respect someone who is WILLLING to sit on his ass, let his mother continue to take care of him, and NOT be busting his hump in a global fashion to get a job. And I'm sure - any women he's TRIED to approach (esp. in this city which seems to be rampant with golddiggers and the men who are willing give them money) have damn near laughed in his face. Hm. I wonder if he's a virgin.


But - am I being too hard on him to think that the above - issues - completely kicks him out of the dating pool? Or - is it wrong to think that a 32 year old man, with a degree, should at LEAST have lived on his own for a few months at some point in his life? He said that he tried to get a place in college, but it fell through. But....*shakes head* maybe it just smacks too much of an overly dependant relationship between him & his momma.....and I don't think ANY woman with sense wants a momma's boy of THOSE dimensions.


*shakes head*


Speaking of golddiggers, Hubby set up a profile on YahooPersonals, and he got a response from this one chick almost immeadiately. She said that she was out of the country, settling her late fathers estate (in West Africa - and she's Asian, but looks white/latina) , but she was coming back yesterday....and she wanted him to pick her up at the airport. Hmm...okay - but no. He told her that he had to work, but maybe they could meet up once she got back. We get home last night, and she's written him back - to ask that he WIRE her 500 bucks to pay off her hotel bill, and that maybe when she gets back to the states maybe they could get MARRIED - I told him he should tell her that bigamy is illegal. *ROFLOL*

Ummm......I figure it's a scam of huge proportions, and I wonder how many men she's (he's) sucked in with it. But I mean - damn! Asking someone you've talked to all of TWICE (through email none the less) for 5 big ones? AFTER you've told him that you are settling your fathers estate? And maybe this is a rude/crude sterotype, but being Asian, I'm assuming that she has a rather large extended family. I mean - come on!! How boo-boo the fool does she think he is? *LOL* Most amusing. Seriously.

No comments: