Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Because I want it that way, that's why!!

ETA: Now, mind you - with all the bruhaha I've made about this color, I've never actaully SEEN it on a car - I think it's a new color for '07 models. Anyhow! I get to work this (12/20) morning, and what do I park next to? A brand new Toyota Camry in - Cosmic Blue. Ya'll. Dude. Seriously. If there was any color that I would claim as my color - this color is it. It's like - Ever seen snow, so compacted, with the light shining through it, that it looks blue? Okay - take that color, and layer it over itself over and over and over again, and keep a little bit of the sparkle of the ice/snow, and make it REALLY shiny - at's that's the color blue. It's so pretty, I grin every time I walked past the car - like DUDE! That's totally my color. Now, the wait isn't quite as bad. Oh, I'mma still bitch about carpooling, but it's worth it.

I don't mean to be difficult - really, I don't. In fact, I usually make a concerted effort to be as easy going, and go with the flow as possible. But, sometimes, I just want things JUST so, and because I'm odd, no-one else wants them the same way, and therefore I end up with something Just For Me.

So. Car wrecked, looking for a new car, winnowed through the selection of cars that didn't have what I wanted/were too small/were too expensive/etc, etc., and finally ended up picking a Toyota Matrix....

Now, the list of things I wanted on the car - simplicity itself (or so I thought)

The Moonroof/Cruise Control/Power Windows package
The Upgraded Sound System (just cuz!)
The Rear Heating package (which was the only way to get the rear wiper blades)
Anti-Lock Brakes
Side Impact Airbags
Manual Transmission (because automatics are *makes the oogeyboogeyickybug face*)

Not too complex right? I mean - really, I'm not asking for much, am I? Apparently, Toyota dealers across the country think that I am, because while a car in THAT color was found - With everything, except it's an automatic. A car with all the packages/transmission was found - but it was black. A car that color, with everything BUT the ABS and side airbags was found - but after the LAST crash, I want side airbags, thank you very freaking much.

So. I'm actually getting a car made JUST FOR ME. Yup, a car. Now, while that rocks, and makes me feel all unique as shit and sunshine, apparently, it takes a healthy bit of time to get a car made. In fact, it apparently takes about a month and a half to make a car (who knew? I figured they slapped em together in a week). *weeps/pulls hair/gnashes teeth*

Now, normally, I'd be real cool with that - except for two things.

1) The rental car that the insurance company is ever so kindly subsidizing loses it's subsidy on 12/26 - about a month before my new car will be ready. Now, normally, me & the boy would just carpool, but that runs us directly into issue #2

2) The Boy has just gotten a new job - and he's the Man at the new job, which means.... well, for example. I haven't set AWAKE eyes on my husband since Saturday night. I think he's working roughly 14 hour days at this point, which is insane, but true to form for him.

I know, that we will just start carpooling (unless I can find a rental for a really, really, really, really, REALLY, reasonable rate) but - give me this time to bitch and moan about having to be UP and alert enough to drive at 5am everybloody morning, and then having to stay up and be alert to drive at midnight (or later) every bloody night. I swear, the man is super human, cuz I wouldn't be able to do it.

But! Dammit! I'm going to have a car that there is very little chance that ANYONE else on the road will have (or will have the patience to wait for, because if I wasn't a stubborn git, I would just go and buy the car off the lot that has everything I want except it's the wrong color), and I suppose that's worth waiting for.

Have I mentioned how utterly bloody impatient I am? Yes? Well. *sigh*

Maybe it'll be done early, and I'll have a rockass birthday gift! Yeah! *sigh*

No comments: