Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Hmmm - I've been thinking of random things over the last few days that happened that was hair related...

1) My mother and my hair. She has a LOVELY head of two year old locks (that I talked her into getting) and I'm amazed by how long they are already - but then, I don't remember how long her hair was when she first started them. anyhow - I'm sitting on the couch, combing out my hair to condition it with some HH and retwist it, and she says in this 'Poor, poor *****cat' voice 'Poor thing, you've never been blessed with hair'. Now, at first, I wanted to buck up and get all - I just too kmy locks out! It's breaking off cuz of the dye! Do you SEE all this virgin growth??!?? but then I realized - ya know what? I don't WANNA be 'blessed' with hair - because that implies that it was just - given to me. I take great pride in earning what I got, and I know that I am going to (and have been) EARNING every. single. inch. of hair on my head. I might never be 'blessed' with hair - but I know that I'm going to have full, thick, long, lovely hair at some point, and it's gonna be because I worked for it. Dammit.

2) I started doing my 'style' in a slightly different manner - I'm starting out with tiny bits of hair - thus making the whole thing 'tighter' and smaller. Not only is it MUCH neater, it also seems to 'stay' better - I've got fewer stray bits and pieces - though, the fact that I'm now twisting it slightly HIGHER on my head means that the patchs of hair from in front of my ears tends to escape. If I remember in the morning, I give them a bit of extra love and leave them out to make cute little tendrils. If I forget, I jsut make two wee two strand twists, and tuck the twist behind my ear.
I like the thinner ones though - they are MUCH neater looking, and seem to fit my face better - I feel REALLY cute in them.

3) It's getting closer to trimming time!! I was looking at the thread on the Morrocan method, but I'm puzzled by how he achieved his dates - his date for trimming to encourage length is during the WANING portion of the moon, not the Waxing, as is usually said to be best - so I'm wondering where he is pulling these dates from. I think I'm going to stick with 'old schooll' lunar methods where you know the sign the moon should be in for hair growth, and you trim during the earliest part of the waxing moon in that sign. Hmph. I also think that I will henna -hmmm... I plan on trimming the 23rd (new moon is the 20th, and the solistice is the 22nd - so I'm not only getting the waxing of the moon, I'm also getting the waxing of daylight!), and while I would LIKE to henna the weekend before that (the 16th) I know that I'm going to at least ONE Yule Party that weekend - which pushes it back to THIS weekend - which would make it a full NINE weeks - that's OVER two months. And yes, yes, I did use cassia a few weeks ago, but that's neither here nor there - and besides, it didn't do me as well as my henna does me. So! I shall be *happy squeally noises* hennaing this weekend!! Whoohooooo!!! :) :) :) :hollie: But - I want to do the henna so that I have the BEST hair possible to trim with - as I'm going to base the amount of the trim on general thiness, as well as the feeling of the ends - and henna will let me 'cheat' on both.
I think that I'm going to do *thinks* 10 twists - five on each side - and trim mercilessly. If I trim too short to be able to do my usual style, I'll just switch back to the 'front bang' then 'side twist' style I started out with. I'm really lookin forward to having all virgin hair.

4) I've calmed down PJ wise - I'm still all over my vitamins, and I'm kicking around making some MTG to add to my usual hair oil (CHASM oil? *ROLFLOL*) and maybe trying out this 'Lenzi's Request' stuff...... and otherwise, I'm really satisfied with my hair.

My skin, on the other hand, makes me want to scream, and scrape it all off at once. I have what I like to call 'facedruff' - it's like dandruff, but it's not on my SCALP - it's on my face, and OCCASIONALLY it will creep into my hairline - esp. at my wee widows peak. I've been OCM'ing for - years - which helps CONCEAL the horrid patchs of flaky dry, dry, dry skin on my face, but hasn't really gotten RID of them. And if I 'exfoliate' them off (no matter HOW gently) it'll form little scabs, which then give me wee scars, which leaves me skin TORN up. So - I was reading up on this, because I wasn't really sure as to what the hell was going on with my skin - but I think it's dandruff - just - STUBBORN - dandruff. So - I think that I'm going to get some teatree oil and mix it in with my OCM oil. From what I've read, dandruff is actually an 'over reaction' or 'overgrowth' of your skin to a naturally occuring fungi that normally kicks in on our skin. Sooo.... the TToil usually both calms down the skins reaction AND the fungus - and makes things even better. Other than that - I really don't know WHAT to do with my skin. *sigh* And I drink more water than any one person (who isn't a camel) should so.... yeah.

Okay - I think I'm done now.

No comments: