Friday, December 15, 2006

OD Year in Review

Rules: Take the first sentence (or 2, or 3 or 4 whatever lol) from the first post of each month of 2006. That's your year in review.

January:
So. Tommorow, around 9:10pm, I'll officially be 29.

It's - interesting, me getting older - esp with all else that has been happening to me and around me. Looking back over the years, I'm certainly NOT where I thought I would be at 29, but - I'm - happy with where I am. I have a husband whom I love (and loves me), I've got a job that pays the bills and a plan for the future. I've got friends, and joy, and love. I don't have kids - or a house - yet, but - I see that in our close future. And really - I'm - HAPPY, dare I say it?

February:
It's only WEDNESDAY?? Sheesh, this week is really dragging.

So, work - right? I write so much more at work than I EVER do when I'm at home, largely because well - at home I actually have ISH to do.

So - I think that yesterday I wrote about my explorations in the world of Thrift for wineglasses, and my utter failures thereof.

March:
Hmmm.....I'm thinking that maybe I should change my diary name - I'm still Witty, Wicked  & Wise - but I'm more other things than I am that. And lately, I've been feeling kind of - sharp. Pointy, even.

April:
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten
-- Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten

That song has been - my song - since it first came out. I love it, love it, love it. It reminds me to be open, to be hopeful, to keep moving forward and pressing on.

May:
Hmmm... let's see, what's shaking in me life?

The movers are coming Thursday, as is the cable guy (gotta get the internet, ya know!), and hoepfully (if the bastids from Sears ever CALL me) so will the fridge, but I'm thinking we might have to go a couple of days fridge free. Luckily, we have two HUGE ice coolers, and a pratically bare fridge, so that should work out well. I'm going to do a DITL on Thursday, even though the 'official' DITL day was yesterday. Pffht. *laughs*

June:
So, it's the end of the week (Yaaay!!) and we just got paid (YAYYY!!) and I'm merrily plotting on what to do with the 'loose' money (within reason, of course!)

So. Let's start with making more money. I've got a 401(k) that I can use to 'play' with stocks.

July:
There really should be more four day weekends - they are lovely - just long enough to TRULY enjoy the weekend, but not quite long enough that I am dreading (anymore than usual) coming to work. So....

Didn't do NEARLY as much as I planned, but did do the important stuff.  The bathroom is spotless! The kitchen - mostly spotless. It was spotless before I leapt upon it and wrecked it with a 4 hour cooking marathon.

August:
Your Life Analysis:

Life: Your life rating is a score of the sum total of your life, and accounts for how satisfied, successful, balanced, capable, valuable, and happy you are. The quiz attempts to put a number on the summation of all of these things, based on your answers.

September:
This is the fourth time today that I've clicked on 'write' when I meant to click on 'notes'. I guess that is the universe's snarky ass way of telling me that if I want notes, I need to bloody write something, eh?

Be warned - this entry has more parenthetical comments than - than - heavens, I don't know what, therefore it might be an adventure to read. 

Let's see.

October:
Why, yes, I AM still alive. Bullets, cuz I'm random like that.

  • I have instruction manuals for both the knitting machine and the sewing machine, as well as bobbins and needles and yarn and thread and the like. Now, I just have to muss things up, and turn my dining room table into a craft center.

November:
Haven't even started writing today - naughty, naughty girl. I've been pounding away on a document I need to get done for SWHC that I need to finish at work so that I can print out many many free copies, so - yeeeahhh. 

I may be the oddest person ever - really - I get moody for the silliest of reasons - just resentful that things aren't going MY way. *stomps foot*

Why yes, I AM a brat.

December:
But I'm not sleepy in the least - I'm just tired. The kind of tired that makes you snippy. The kind of tired that makes doing anything more than laying draped on a couch under a blankie seem not only unfair, but also rather mean. The sort of tiredness that makes you want to throw tantrums and stomp your feet and pout because dammit - if  you could just GO TO SLEEP everything would seem to be sooo much better. But you can't. Cuz you aren't SLEEPY.

Just tired.

No comments: