Monday, December 18, 2006

Hmmm..... this is gonna be a choppy entry...

[*] I did a coconut soak over the weekend - actually slept in it overnight, and let it dry out a bit (I'm such a slacker). It was - *thinks* coconut milk (I mixed it up in the can, and it was FAR too watery - next time, I'm sticking with just the creme, and skipping the water), citric acid (in lieu of limes), honey, CASH oil, and a bit of Humectress (to make it thicker so it would actually stay IN my hair, rather than drip down my forehead and over the back of my neck.
When I Rinsed my hair, it was soft (sooooo soft) but I didn't see any loosening of the curls - I have some really cute lil spirals right behind my ears - but, I'm very cool with that, as I'm slowly starting to accept the fact that I most likely won't EVER be able to wear my hair 'out' until it gains a good bit more length.
It was also VERY easy to comb out - I combed it out 'naked' (no product) just standing in the shower flow.
I then styled it - just a little shea butter in it to lock in some of that moisture, and some Burnt Sugar to tighten up the twists once I was done. I was in a rush, so instead of doing the two strand twists in the back and bunning them, I just did flattwists going straight up and down - it's cute, though I need to get soooo much better with my parts.

[*] One more week til trimming time!! I need to dig up my scissors - they are well hidden somewhere in the bathroom, as DH has no concept of single use tools. I twisted my hair into fat twists as I was buttering them, and ooooohhwee - it (and I!) will definitely appreciate having some of these tired, tired ends gone. I'll have to go back and see how long it's been, but I think it's been at least 3 months - and moon willing, I won't be going THAT long again. I know that I missed one trimming window - I wonder if the Farmers Almanac has trimming days. I'm thinking I'll end up taking off about 3/4 of an inch, on average. There were some sections of my hair that I could 'feel' weren't too bad - and others that were really bad. Even on the not so bad parts, I could still FEEL where the virgin hair ended and the colored hair started. I'm also much less worried about losing the ability to do my 'favorite' style, because I can just vary the size of the twists, and even if I cut ALL the colored hair off now, I can still do them with my virgin hair alone.

[*] Henna! And other conditioners! I'm trying to plot out a reasonable hennaing schedule. My hair DOES pick up some of the henna color - it's subtle, but after the last hennaing experience I could definitely see a - purplish - glow, almost in my hair. And the strength! It's still not as strong as it was at the end of my last henna'ing streak - but then, my hair didn't start breaking off, either! So - I'm trying to figure out a good schedule. I'm thinking about a once a month kinda thing.... every 4-5 weeks or so. In between, I think I'll do at least one coconut (or other milk soak - after seeing the new thread on veggie milk soaks), and potentially a trim, and *thinks* there was something else I was thinking about squeezing in on a weekend, but I can't remember what it was.

[*] Supplements.... so, I've been pJ'ing it up. I've brought Lenzi's Request (some scalp stimulating creme people have been raving about on LHCF) Hair Souffle (a moisturizing creame) and I'm still on the lookout for some cheap sulfur so I can make my own MTG. I'm doing all this so that I can start to move away from the internal supplements - gearing up for TTC and all that - and I figure that I should be taking my babymaking supplements (which I still haven't purchased - I need to take advantage of PP's 60% off sale) for at least three months beforehand - so I need to start taking them at the turn of the year as well. I'm also getting low on HH - but I wanna try out the hair souflle to see how that works, before hand. I figure I don't have to be CRAZY money spendy.


[*] I want to come up with some sort of spray that I can use to moisturize my hair while it's in braids. I know there are several commercial ones, but I know my hair ain't all that fond of glycerin, which is what most of the commercial ones have. I'm thinking about a nice lil mix of honey, conditioner, a lil oil, and some distilled water - mmm, that sounds like a recipe I've seen around here somewhere. It would be nice to be able to moisturize my hair in the middle of the week without taking it down, and just leave the DC for the weekends. But then, I KNOW how my hair is, and even with a daily spray in moisturizer, I'm not sure how happy it will be with me. Hrmmhrmmrmm, decisions, decisions....



Hrrmmm. I think that might be it. Not as choppy, but more booklike than I planned. *sigh* It's almost 11:30 - I suppose I should be heading to bed soon. Blech.

No comments: