Monday, February 24, 2003

Poetry

:) I've gotten a couple of requests to post the poems from the word exercise I was working on.The words we had to use were:justify tryst glean virtuoso edema parting catalyze cat bell forbidden. I actually wrote two...I'm not sure which I like more, so I plan on reading them both.

the tryst

i enter our home
and glean omens as i approach you
the well polished glow of your meditation bell mirrors your worries
should i speak?
the cat hisses at you but twines through my legs
should i stay?
the edema shows in the plants that you insist on over-watering
should i push you this far?

i try
to forget that
you are
a virtuoso
with fingers and tongue
i try
to justify
the pendulum sway
of your moods

but the memory
of your
fist
hitting
my
face
catalyzes me
into ending
this tryst
by speaking
the words of parting
you have forbidden
but my soul demands.


eulogy

he died
of edema they tell me
the mountain finally claimed
the virtuoso who
conquered all but the
most forbidden peaks

he justified his trysts
with death
claiming they set him free
parting him from all
excess weight in his life
i suppose he meant
his children
his cat
me

though i tried
i could not catalyze
my love into
chains that would
hold him near

and now
i glean only
misery from the
tolling of bells
and the soft snow falling
in his honor


No comments: