Wednesday, February 12, 2003

Foreboding

For the last few days, I've had a creeping sensation of foreboding. This morning, as I drove to work and saw that gas prices had jumped by 30 cents overnight, that foreboding rushed into words. I think - have a creeping feeling - that something very major is going to happen - many people will die - and the United States will be in full fledged war - before the month is out.

*shivers*

I tend not to watch the news much, mainly because I think that it's a waste of time to listen to the propaganda or the tragedies - which seems to be all that the television nightly news casters talk about. I rarely read the news - somewhat forthe same reason, but also because most of what is going on in the world today is saddeninng, maddeninng, and depressing. I TRY to lead a serene life, and I rarely am willing to deal with that sort of mental pollution.

So - while some of this 'feeling' I'm sure is caused by my awareness of how rapidly the US is ramping up - coming to full speed and damn anyone who get's in their way...I also remember how I had the nastiest sense of foreboding as I boarded a plane from Paris to Chicago around 3amEST September 11th, 2001.

I don't like this feeling. It makes me want to go home, gather all my loved ones around me, and shiver in fear until the gray feeling of danger fades away.
What scares me the most is that this feeling may never fade away.

No comments: