Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Simplicity

I'm a believer in a simple life.

My life goal is to lead a simple life - a life pared down to it's glowing core where everything I touch and do has a purpose - even if the only purpose is to amuse myself.

In my dreams of my perfect future - I live in a mediumish sized old house. Maybe about 5 or 6 bedrooms. It has a HUGE backyard, and is close (under 3 hours) to a metropolitan city. I want to live someplace where it's warm most of the year so that I can grow most of our 'steady' produce in the yard.
I want Corey there - obviously. I want kids, lots of kids. *LOL* We've agreed to 2 with a possibility of a third, but in all honesty I'd like to have around five. I want to be able to stay at home with my kids - to homeschool them until at least 5th grade. I want to have work of my own - but work that I can do at home so that I can still be a mother. I want a circle of friends who understand and appreciate the simple life - who are as intelligent and quirky as me, but each bring something wonderful and different to the table.
I want to have parties - full of good food and good drink and laughing and giggling children (and adults) that end up with everyone outside watching a meteor shower.
I wantto spend long weekends with just me and Corey - knowing that our kids are safe and that we don't have to do ANYTHING but connect even deeper with each other.

I want to live in peaceful surroundings, doing the 'work' that I love, surrounded by those I love. Hm. I wonder how many people have a dream like this. I wonder how many people just don't dream at all.

For some reason, I've begun to think that I 'belong' in California. Yes, it's expensive as hell. Yes, it's damn near as far away as we can GET from both our families. No, I don't know anyone there/have any job prospects/know why the hell I have a pull towards the state thats going to end up as an island. But. But. From all I've heard/read about/understand of Cali....it truly might be where I belong.
Even in OD - I read the diaries of Cali people and I think YES! I should be THERE.... not here.

Simple Simplicity.

No comments: