Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Change

I hate to think that me losing weight was/is the catalyst for my changes lately. I'd much rather think that I've just been getting slowly fed up with my life/self as it has been, and it pushed me to a point where it only takes one more step to propell myself further towards where I want to be.
Lately, a line of poetry has been repeatedly running through my head:

when i can’t go
where i need to go
i will go somewhere near
and from there plan on how to get
where i need to be

That's what I'm doing now. I haven't really turned and looked into myself to try and figure out WHY I'm so stuck on not leaving for another year - but I'm willing to give myself the time. Something that is helping is this book . It's rather interesting, as I've never been a big one on self-help books. This book though - it's good. I like the exercises, and I like the way that she goes through it. Thus far, she's helped me confirm somethings about myself (including a potential source for my caution) and is helping me figure out that I don't HAVE to throw everything I have away to get what I truly want. So..I'd recommend it for anyone who doesn't think that they know what they want to do - or think they do know and don't know how to get to it.

That book has actaully deterred me from starting in with "The Artist's Way". I want to do one self-help bit at a time, and I think that I will need all of my focus and concentration as I go through that book. I'm looking forward to it though. I think once I finish TAW I will find a good help-yourself book on finances. I should keep this going as long as I can.

No comments: