Wednesday, February 5, 2003

Mass

I'm stubborn. I can shove my heels in the sand and resist any amount of effort to be moved in any way, shape or form - even when I'm the one who WANTS to be doing the moving.
So - I've learned to trick myself into doing things. I take tiny, tiny, steps - slowly building up to getting over the hump that stands in my way.
Right now, my hump is exercise. I NEED to exercise. My mind knows this, my body knows this, but I'm so dang lazy that I can't talk myself into going. So - I've figured out what my steps will be. First, I'll finish buying the equipment that I need to work out (socks, a couple of tee-shirts). Then - I'm going to put it all in my car (eliminating one excuse). Then - and this is the BIG then - I'm going to just go one day. When that day will be? I'm not sure - I know it will be soon, simply because I'm still trying to 'pump myself' up to go - but I haven't reached critical mass yet.

I reached critical mass when it came to my weight last summer. It's been building for YEARS - but finally in July I was able to flip the switch. I've been solely dieting up till now (with interrmitent episodes of Tae-Bo and Yoga) and I've lost close to 30 pounds. But now - because of that critical mass - I WANT the body that I've always wanted - and I believe that I can actually HAVE that body. But - without exercise - without weights - it's simply not going to happen. So.

I'm trying to fuel that critical mass - trying to get over the fact that I will be displaying my through lack of coordination to coworkers on a regular basis since my fitness center is Work's Fitness Center. Thank heavens I'm not looking for a signifigant other - I would be paralyzed by the fear of shaming myself.

Reaching critial mass for me simply means coming to a point where my desire overcomes my fear.

I'm such a wuss.

No comments: