Thursday, May 10, 2001

Glow

I had the most interesting dream last night. Me and my mommy were going around looking at little houses, because I wanted to buy one. We were in a ‘okay’ neighborhood, and there were like three houses for sale on the same block. Each house we went to had something wrong with it…one didn’t have a kitchen, one didn’t have a backyard, but the last one was the oddest. We walked into the house and there was a border of flowers going around the inside of the living room. In the kitchen, there was a huge island, where there would usually be a stove and a dishwasher and all that kind of stuff, but instead there was a huge hill (to be inside of a house) covered in these vibrantly orange flowers. The flowers were so orange that they glowed. Imagine a poppy held up to a vibrant sunset in Disney style neon Technicolor…and them push up the intensity a couple of notches and that is how vibrant the flowers were. I picked one, and it was huge too…it almost covered the cup of my hand.. and the smell! Oh mercy it was sweet and strong without being overpowering…I left the kitchen to show this beautiful flower to my mom, and in the living room she was picking one of the flowers out there, which was a tiger lily…no where near as bright as the kitchen flowers, but still more vibrant and glowing than any natural flower…then I went outside and Cheffy was there, and I showed the flower to him… and that is all I can remember….but that color orange is stuck in my head. Luckily I have a calendar at work that just happens to have Georgia O’Keffes Oriental Poppies for the month of May. So that is satisfying my need for orange… at least for now.

Hm. I’m pretty sure today is going to be a lonnnng day since I am tired already. I have been going to bed pretty early, but it just doesn’t seem to be doing it. I want to go to Michael’s tomorrow to get some florist stuff so that I can send of my mom’s Mothers day package…but I plan on sleeping in…at least until 9-ish.
*wiggles* That is all that is going to get me through this day. The thought that I DON’T have to come in tomorrow.

I was trying to wait to post this until I had something more to say… but ah well.

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: