Monday, May 7, 2001

Life.

I’m SOOOO proud of myself. I completed all of my assignments over the weekend, and got two B’s and a C. *shakes head* It’s really sad, because I really don’t CARE about what I’m supposedly learning. I stopped really caring about learning as far as ‘school curriculum’ goes when I realized that someone with a certification rather than a college degree could do the exact same thing that I am doing, considering the fact that almost every company that is hiring now puts their new employees through an intense training period. Once I realized that the only reason a degree even really matters is to prove that you have the ability to learn.. I realllllllllly stooped giving a damn. I KNOW I can learn… in fact I am a pretty good learner. *rolls eyes* I hate documentation. All I have to do now is pass the final (with a C or better) and I will be set.

I got the cutesy pies pictures of Giovanni back… they all came back pretty good, including one that has this really cool double image effect because Gio was in front of the floor to ceiling window that is in the living room. I haven’t gotten the electronic version yet ( I have to pick that up tonight) so tomorrow I will be able to post some lovely images of my little precious. He is getting used to being around me… I think. Ugh. We aren’t even going to go there though.

I am still debating with myself about whether or not I am going to get a laptop. I would really like having one, but I can always use the one that I have at work. What I’m really doing is trying to talk myself out of getting a laptop in a way that won’t make me feel deprived. *laughs* I’ll just put it off for the car. Speaking of which… hmmm I think I might go and get my learner’s permit on Friday (as I am taking the day off). I am already going to be studying for my final, so if I just use the driving stuff as a buffer for break times, I can kill two birds with one stone. Hmph. *sighs* anyhow…

I have been inspired…some by myself and some by *Adrastea* . I am going to go out and start taking street pictures. There is so much going on in Indy now.. with the race and so forth going on. I doubt that I will be able to find any really good protests and such like she found, but anything to exercise my photographic skills and increase my hit rate from what it is now. Out of a roll of film, I tend to end up with about 3 or 4 pictures that I reallly like, and the rest are just wasted paper. I figure that is mainly due to the fact that 1) I don’t have a well trained eye and 2) I tend to try to fit something into a photograph rather than discovering the photographs around me…if that makes any sense. I figure I should be able to swing developing about 4 rolls a month, or a roll a weekend. And if I can find a good place to develop rolls that has a good discount too, I will reallly be set. Umm…

I am soooo bored here. *sighs* I know it’s bad when I start hunting for meetings to go to. I just have to remember that it is another slump, and that eventually we (as a group) will slide on out of it. It’s just taking so dad-blasted long. And I’m sure the fact that it’s Monday isn’t helping any.
*grins* FoxTrot is funny though. The perfect level of funny… good enough to keep be amused, but not so funny I start laughing out loud and give myself away.

Hmm.. I’m up to May 1999… I’ve got a bit more to go…

Stay Jazzed

No comments: