Monday, May 21, 2001

Weekend Update with Jazzy

Wonderful wonderful wonderful weekend. Friday I was basically a lazy bug, not doing much of anything…trying to gear myself up for the overwhelming task that was facing me on Saturday.
Saturday, I cleaned my house. Scrubbed the floors, vacuumed the whole house, cleaned the kitchen top to bottom, cleaned my room and made my bed. It only took me about 4 hours, which really isn’t too bad. After that I went grocery shopping, and bought myself some flowers. Didn’t realize until I got home and put them in a really big cup (I had run out of vases) that one of the flowers was a pale copy of the dream flower. It doesn’t have any smell though. :(
I also finally went to the library and took back the thirty something books that had been cluttering up my windowsills for most of the year. :) It’s almost scary how clean my house is… but I really like it that way. I am going to start making a conscious effort to keep it clean from now on.
Sunday was rather laid back. I had a taste for McDonalds so I went down town and did some quick shopping. I got a lovely blue vase that sets off the dream flower just right. Pictures are definitely forthcoming for this one. Hmmm… what else?

Talked to some of my friends at ‘home’ over the weekend. I will most likely go up to Philly on the 28th, giving me at least two days there. *nods* Yeah it’s uneven, but I haven’t seen my DC friends for longer. *sighs* I REALLY need to make some friends here. Blagh.

Argh. I hate it when I am thinking of something to write about and them someone interrupts me and POOF! All of the information is just gone. *sighs* Dammit that is going to drive me mad. Umph.

Back. And I still don’t remember what the hell I was going to talk about. *sighs* Ah well.

I’ve made a decision for myself. Henceforth… from two weekends ago and ever on…I am NOT going to stay in the house and veg out and watch tv all weekend. I might not be able to get pictures and the like like I want to, but I WILL get out. Even if it is just a quick trip to the library or something. My main goal is to figure out cool fun places to go that require me spending as little money as possible. Of course, the nicer weather has something to do with this, but also the fact that I just don’t wanna veg out. *shrugs* I don’t know… I’m hitting a mild level of frustration in my relationship with Cheffy, and my way of handling that kind of irritation tends to be getting more independent. Hm. That’s not putting it quite right. I get more selfish I guess you could say. I start doing more just for ME… and not even thinking about him. *rolls eyes*
I know where a lot of my irritation with him is coming form, and it is a mix of general disgust with him, and disgust with myself for letting him get away with this crap for so long. One of the things that I have already gone through in my life, and that I am currently dealing with the repercussions from, is being financially irresponsible. *shrugs* I’ve been there, I’ve done that, and I am not interested in getting too deeply involved with someone who is still going through that phase in their life. *shrugs* I guess basically, the honeymoon is SO over, and I am just settling into dealing with the real life bit. Of course, the fact that he is hard as hell to get in touch with (now that he isn’t using my house as his own crash pad…unless I’m not there… which is a WHOLE nother rant) it’ s hard to *shrugs* hard to grab him and sit him down and just talk.
I’m considering asking for my keys back. *sighs* It’s not that I want to break up with him, it’s just that I want to change to status quo. I don’t feel much like a girlfriend anymore. *shrugs* I want to go back to the whole woo-ing state…cuz I think he feels like I am won, and I ain’t. *shakes head* Confusion, confusion.

In other news, I finally got digital cable. It’s pretty cool. I can’t tell all that much difference in the picture quality, but I love the music channels and the additional movie channels. *nods* It’s cool.. and the new remote is funky too. *laughs* It fits the way I watch TV much better, since most of the time the tv is just on for the noise and I am reading or just chilling anyhow…so having the music channels makes it PERFECT. *grins* However, we will see if I am still quite as cheerful when I get the first months bill for it.
I just cancelled my AOL. I reallllly don’t get alone enough at home to make it worth while. In fact, I rarely even turn on the computer when I am at home. After 8-9 hours on the computer here, the last thing I wanna do is go home and sign on. Yeech. So now I’m back on the prowl for a worthy free internet access program that will let me get on in those rare times when I reallllly need to hop on while I’m at home.

Hmm… off for some surfing…

Stay Jazzed

No comments: