Tuesday, May 15, 2001

Living la vida Broka

Ugh. Working days are the best at the worst all at the same time…but it’s grand to have stuff to do. I was so worried for a while today that I would not be able to make it to DC for my vacation because the airline tickets (since it a a couple of days short of 14) were SO expensive. But I took a risk and went for the Bargain fare thing, where it is a blind fare. You know what DAY you are leaving and returning, and what airport you are flying in and out of, but you don’t know who you are flying on, and you don’t know what time. I thought I was going to get suck with some red eye flight on ConAir…but instead I got a nice afternoon flight on USAir…nonstop no less. Talk about being THRILLED!! I had to re- read the itinerary couple of times to be sure that I was seeing it right. And I got the ticket for UNDER 200 bucks… ten days before I want to leave… ya can’t beat THAT with a stick. *wiggles with joy* Anyhow… I am calling people tonight to set up hang out times and places… but I have the most important thing, which is a place to stay, and if worst comes to worst and they all stand me up, I will just chill in DC and go to all the free stuff like the zoo and the Smithsonian and all that jazz… which I haven’t been to in AGES. So no matter HOW it goes, I am going to have a bomb ass vacation.

I don’t know WHAT the hell is up with Cheffy. I paged him Sunday, and he called me back yesterday and left a reallllly odd message. Yeah I was home, but I wasn’t in a talking/answer the phone kind of mood. And as he is the only one who would call me from a pay phone… I knew it was him. AS for the message…it just didn’t sound right. Now, I don’t want to read to much into this, but if he has jumped attitude cuz I told him he needed to start hauling his own damn load… hm. Issues anyone? *rolls eyes* If that IS the case….I think I will cuss him out, then kick his ass to the curb. Why? Because.. if he is gonna jump an attitude when I speak out… and tell him what is on my mind that is not all sun shiny and ‘Oh you are just the greatest dude around’-ish… clearly that does not bode well for any long term interactions, right? *groans* Childish. Anyhow… I would be kinda upset cuz I was kinda hoping he would take care of Gio while I was gone. *grins* If he doesn’t, I will have to take him to a kennel. I don’t wanna leave my baby all alone for a week… that is just TOOOO long. The vet has a nice kennel, and I wouldn’t have to worry about him getting any yicky stuff. And since I am taking him in for his second check-up the day before I go to the vet, hopefully it won’t be too bad. *sighs*

Ummm..what else? I’m considering taking an art class over the summer/fall. After going to the art festival, which was held at the Indy Arts Center, jus the thought of being able to mess with clay or blow glass or do woodcuts was just soo… exciting. I mean it seems like just the thing for me… right up my alley in other words. I’m starting to think about whether or not I want to get a second job once I get my car. *laughs* Actually… I’m trying to think of ways to avoid getting a second job after I get my car. It’s going to be interesting for me to balance what I would really like to do with what I really NEED to do. I would prefer, for my own piece of mind, to have a bit of a second income once I start paying a car note…but on the same foot, I would hate to be…limited in what I can do once I get that car because I have another job. Perhaps it could be just a short term thing, until I finish paying off my credit card bills. *sighs*

I am going to pick up this book from the library today called “The Broke Diaries” about how broke this chicky was in college. I need to refresh my memory on how FUN and DO-able that was so that I know in my mind and heart that I can pull this off now. Though I have to admit that the way I did it then was to not pay most of my bills except for the ones that insured I had a roof over my head and lights…but maybe I need to get back to that. *sighs* Though I WOULD miss my cable…hmm.. that would really be the only thing I would be able to ditch. That and my apartment of course. *sighs*

Well… work is taking me over again… I’m off…

*LOL* I signed off with my real name for a second there…. I have been writing WAY too many emails.; )

Stay Jazzed

No comments: