Friday, May 25, 2001

Good Vibrations...

Intro: I got here in one piece. Had the wonderful good luck to be able to get an upgrade to 1st class. Ohhh how riche ya know?? I sometimes wonder what folx think of me (if anything) seeing this young, very casually dressed, dreadlocked black woman chilling in 1st class. Trust me.. I look no where NEAR that solvent. Then again, maybe they don’t think a damn thing of it and I am hunting for racism where there really is none.
Though I have to admit.. I have never seen any body else who looks like me in first class.
The friend I am staying with has a computer, and I trust him.. so I might be making an entry almost daily…and when I get to my mom’s house I will to. I won’t have time to read though, which will give me plenty of stuff to do once I get home.


Ever meet people and just resonate with their energy?? Most of my good friends I have met that way, where there is just a vibe that draws me in and makes me want to know more about that person. It’s one of those things you truly can’t force…either it is there or it is not, but it isn’t really the classic chemistry ‘thing’ either. It’s a click. I want to figure out how to handle it when I feel that click with someone and would like to examine and explore it more. With Cheffy, I just gave him my number, and hoped that he would call, but implied in that there was the possibility of something more. But what if that isn’t there? Do you just tell that person.. hey… I think I might wanna get to know you better… I think we click. What is the proper procedure, as a grownup, with no kids say – ‘Will you be my friend??’

I see various people on here talk about how they are e-mailing people, and creating a virtual (and in some cases, not so virtual) community outside of this one, and I have to wonder… how DO they do that???

I guess one of the dangers of a low level of socialization as a child is not learning how to make (and hold onto) my own friends.

Ugh. Enough of the pity party for tonight hmmm?? Besides, I need to take my happy butt to bed.


Stay Jazzed.

No comments: