Thursday, April 28, 2005

Free of survey type stuff....

Let's see....I'm SLLLEEEEPPPYYY (that's what happens when I drink caffienated beverages) and work is slow, so I guess I'll babble for a while. Let's see - what makes me happy today?


My hubby - he's a hard headed knucklebrain, but I love him dearly anyhow.
My job - I looked at my future paystub (I love that) and not only has my direct deposit kicked in  (yaay!) I'm also making like 500.00 more than I estimated - and I'm being a GOOD girl and kicking it all (okay, almost all) of it back into my new 401(k).  I've also got the paperwork to get reimbursed for the lease payoff - so much monetary rawkage.
The weather - Yeah, it's COLD (low 60's) nasty (gray and rainy) but guess what? It's 40 something degrees in Indiana. Hah!
Progressive.com - yeah, the bastids charged me for two months of a policy that I CANCELLED - but they are giving me all the money back, which means that my mad money is going to grow a lil faster.


Ah yes, the mad money.  See - I have loans through the credit union account at Lilly - they were bigballin enough to have an employee based credit union. Anyhow - I've got a car loan, and a consolidation loan (credit card companies, get thee OFF my back!) that is going through them. They used to get automatically paid off via a payroll withdrawal, but now that I'm not getting paid there anymore, it's switched to just coming out of the checking account. Now - IP (the darlin angels) while they DON'T have a credit union - they let me direct deposit into like 4 different accounts at different banks. So - while I'm covering the loans at Lilly, I'm also sending a little something extra along - about 100 a month. That's going on TOP of the money I'm sending directly to the savings account here. I figure in about 6 months, I'll have one paid off, and I'll switch that money that was going to the loan over to either C's credit card (bad boy!) or to my student loans (which have a much much much much lower interest rate, so his card will most likely get it). But - I want to save enough money in that account that I can use it as an 'emergency/fun' fund. Not quite sure which....but my god.... I'm actually making enough money that I can SAVE money without feeling like I'm penny pinching - and seriously still get all the junk I want. *grin* My goal - seriously - is to not go into ANY MORE DEBT until all of the debt that I'm we're in now gets paid off. No house, *sigh* I guess we'll have to go in for a car - even though me & C have come to an agreement on how that's going to be handled - maybe we can buy one outright, certainly no electronics (but I wanna new computtter! I wanna! Speaking of which - the battery has hit 100 - I expect the email from eBay telling me I've been outbid ANY day now. Bastids.) But!!! I lurve eBay - there's another battery out there, Buy it Now - 99.00..... if I lose, I'm hopping RIGHT on the cheaper one... and shipping is only 7.50 - unlike the other one for 8 bucks. Yes, I'm a penny pinching fool.


Ohh!! Penny pinching (I love talking about money when I'm feeling abundant!) I managed to download the HotSync software for my Palm Pilot - and I got this cute little spending tracker - that way, I can keep track of how much I'm spending....I got a buncha other freeware too - mostly games, of course, and I redownloaded the CalorieKing counter. *sigh* I miss my address book stuff though - though I have to admit, I rarely used ANY of those numbers - all of the ones I really needed, I had in my cell phone.


*sigh* Only three... I wonder how C's interview went.

No comments: