Friday, April 29, 2005

T&G&I&FFffffffffffff (in other words - eBay!)

Ah yes, finally Friday. The end of the work week, and even sweeter, PAYDAY!!!! Yaaaayyyyy!!!!


So - last night I got vey techy. Took my laptop home, sat down with a random assortment of itty bitty screwdrivers, and proceeded to take apart the screen. That part went VERY smoothly - was able to look at the LCD (such a thin, delicate little piece of machinery) and confirm the part number. Bastids at Gateway don't list the GENERIC part number on their site, just their internal part number - and then have the neve to not even SELL the replacement part. *rolls eyes* Anyhow, went back to wonderful Ebay ( ) and found the screen - cheapest I'd seen anywhere, as most shops were quoting 460.00, the few online stores I could find were quoting 375-415 for JUST the LCD, and eBay had it for *drumroll* 315.00. Can't beat that. I also sprung for the cheaper battery (Buy It Now) which pulled it to a grand total of 400.00 - less than what I had budgeted to pay for JUST the screen. Only downside? I'm STILL the winning bidder for the 100.00 battery - 5h10m left and I'm STILLL the high bidder. Bastids! Dammit! Buuuttt.... I figure there is nothing wrong with having TWO laptop batteries, right? That just means that I'll have longer life without the cord (console yourself dear, console yourself). Sooooo......had to ask the seller a shipping related question, and hopefully I should have a screen in another week or so - and FINALLY we will have a personal computer at home again. Yyyaaaayyyy!!!!!


What else? Excited about Jules Housewaming tomorrow - disappointed about the weather - it's going to be icky for Memphis in May, but we really do want to go - we'll have to see how things pan out.


Argh! 4h56m - and I'm still the high bidder. *gruffle grump grumpty grump*  Quite sad, as I've neve wanted to lose an auction! Oh well.

No comments: