Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Furniture & Pics

YAYYY!!! My profile picture finally showed up!! *grins* I REALLY like it - because she actually kinda looks like me - nice thick black woman with wild thick hair and a bodacious pair of boobs. I don't have a pearl stuck in the middle of my forehead, but I'm DIGGING her jewerly!


 




 


 So - got the IKEA catalouge in the mail last night. I heart IKEA. But - they didn't really have what we are looking for. We want CUTE (CUTE I tell you!) leather furniture....because the pair of furbies that we have were the main reason we abandoned the old set - after a certain point, you just CAN'T get rid of all the cat hair on cloth without tossing it in the wash like we can do with their beds and the pillows. 


Anyhow! This is the set that we want:



In those colors - it LOOKS blue, but it's actually a chocolate brown.  Found this one a website www.sleeksofa.com, and we were both like - OOOhhhhhh!!! PURTY!!!! So - I requested some leather swatches yesterday, and if we like the color, we'll most likely get them ASAP with what's left of the 401(k) cash. The whole set is 1800, but I shudder to think of what the shipping would be! We've already got a dining room set (though the chairs need to be recovered) and coffee/end tables - all in a light wood, glass and chrome, so I think that they will go with that set SOOOO perfectly.


We might get an area rug from IKEA though - or maybe go to one of the local 'funky cool stuff' stores and see what we can find. Hell, Tarjay might have something nice. ahh.... I need to preuse some online catalogs.


Speaking of! I'm still the winner for the laptop battery - though it's up to 78, with two days left, so I doubt that I'm going to actually GET it. Looked at some LCD screens, and they are MUCHHHHH cheaper on eBay - up to half the price I've been quoted. I need to take the laptop home and take the screen out so that I can see what model it is and be sure that I get one that actually works in the laptop. WhoHOOO!! though, because that will free up a nice lil chunka chunka change.


It's WEDNESDAY!!! half way through the weekend!!! Whhhoooohooooooooooooooooooooo!!!  

No comments: