Thursday, April 14, 2005

My mind's made up....

  It's - interesting how my mind works sometimes - I think my brain is like clay alot of the time - it's hard, stubborn, yet given a little time, it can easily accept the water of something new. So - I was talking about becoming a doula, and then I stopped talking about it - the clay needed a little time to accept this new concept.  I needed to mull and sleep on it - and now, jsut as naturally as breathing, I've made a choice. I'm going to get certified through DONA (Doula's of North America) attend a training in August, and hoefully be ready to start assisting at births by November. *grin*Grin*GRIN* I'm excited now - I really need to unpack my books so that I can figure out what I do and don't have - I've been 'gathering' up books for at least two years - so it will be interesting to see what I've collected.


I've also gotten hooked into several of the Memphis area childbirth/natural mommy groups, so hopefully that way I will be familiar with the women in the area who are part of the birthing community. gah - I'm still nervous though - but not in the least bit doubtful. *grins*


Off to order my certification packet/memebership/license plate!!


 


 

No comments: