Monday, April 4, 2005

Weekender

Oh. My. God.


1) I have the stupidest cat EVER. Thursday night, we move the junk we drove down and the cats to the house. Friday, C is at the house for the cable guy to install, and he (cableguy) opens the doors upstairs and has to go into the attic to check that the cable works as there was something wonky going on. Anywho......C leaves to come & get me, and notices that Nikki (the stupid scaredycat) is no where to be found. Knowing that he didn't LEAVE the house, C figures he's hiding somewhere, and leaves to get me. We get back to the house (after making a stop somewhere - I can't remember where) and start calling for Nikki. I hear this PITIFUL little mew coming from upstairs.
*Pause so I can tell ya'll how the house is set up - kitchen & one big room downstairs with a fireplace. Two rooms upstairs - the one over the kitchen/first bathroom is fully enclosed, the one over the rest of the dining/living room is lofted in front of the fireplace. A light box is there, roughly at floor level of the second floor that has floresent lights in it. The 'wall' in the lofted area is a little over 3 feet high.*
I go upstairs, and as I'm going up the steps, I see a tail hanging over the edge of the lightbox. Well and good I think - he's jumped off the loftwall onto the light box, and the box isn't big enough for him to jump back up - simple, right? but nnoooooooo - I get into the lofted room, and SOMEHOW, this fool has managed to WEDGE himself (head FIRST mind you) UNDER the protective plastic covering OVER the lights, and the florescent bulbs themselves. Obviously, he's the skinny one - but *shakes head* soooo stttuuuppiiid. So it takes me & C about 15 minutes of convincing and moving the plastic shields to get this dingbat out of the light box. He was fine (I'm SOOOO thankful no-one turned the lights ON!!) just shivering cuz he was so scared and purring at the same time. *shakes head* So - his new name is Stupercat.


2) Hotel Room #2 is lovely - and is actually almost nicer than the suite place, as one can actually get ready in the morning without distrubing whoever is sleeping in the bed - unlike the first place. There is an empty restaurant on the ground floor, and C has already set up a meeting with the hotel manager/owner to see what it would take to open there. *crosses fingers*


3) I've gotten lost roughly 4 times going to and from work twice. I'm having a hard time switching my brain around to realize that the CENTER of this city is actually WEST of almost everything else. It only took me 30 minutes this morning - and I think that I took the longest, slowest way possible. However - that does make me think that me 'normal' commute won't be much more than 30 minutes - if not less.


4) I got my paycheck!!! But what's up with this 'all banks close at 4pm' crap? *sigh* I miss having a credit union. Rhally, I do. Anyhow - hopefully you can deposit stuff at the ATM. I haven't had a 'regular' bank account since college, and I'm looking for a credit union I'm eligible to join. This public banking stuff sucks. Holding checks and ish. *sigh* Maybe once I get direct deposit, it won't be too too bad.


5) Work has been - better. It's still slow as shit (someone is clipping their nails as I type) but - at least I feel a litte more engaged. I'm getting tasks and shit to do now, so - hoepfully, by the end of 6 weeks (start of week 3 here) I should be almost hunky dorky. I hope. *nervous*


okay - tis time for me to go home.....or at least to the hotel, then home. Hopefully. ;)

No comments: