Friday, June 9, 2006

oooh, chicken!

I got all gushy over green stuff in the last one, and forgot to talk about my grandiose plans for the rest of the weekend.


So - looking for garden tools (I want to find some on Freecycle, but the plants can't wait any longer!) I started scanning the classifieds looking at yard sales - and there are a CRAPLOAD of them going on this weekend, and I merrily wrote down all the addresses that were in my necks of the woods. Then, I read another ad, and all thoughts of yardsales went out of my head.


It’s the big one—the two-day Library book sale, held at the Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library, that features outstanding bargains on books, videos, music and more. Adult hardback books are only $2.00; paperbacks are only 25 cents. The sale, which will benefit the Friends of the Library, will be held Friday, June 9 and Saturday, June 10 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.


*droooooooooolllllllllssssssssss* Oh my god, oh my god, oh my GOD!!! I missed it last year, as I heard about it the weekend AFTER the sale (darn it all!) but this year, I'm SOOO there. Hubby has to work tomorrow, but he is off today, so he's heading out there to see if he can find anything. The Central Library has a little 'bookstore' that's open when the library is, and I've found some real treasures there - and I'm assuming that they are selling books from ALL the branches, and - *shakes head* I'm going to have SUCH a good time.


So now, I'm waffling. The moeny for the yard sales and the book sale was to come out of my allowance, and - I don't KNOW!! I know how I am with books, and I know that I can (and most likely will) spend an absurd amount of money on books for a woman who has not ONE bookcase set up in her house yet - but - EEE!!!


So - I think that I'm going to go and BUY the tools (from Big Lots, most likely - they seem to have the best balance of cheap prices and better quality) and mark it against our house stuff fund, then go and be all orgasmic among the books.


Another thing that I was really hoping to pick up at a yard sale is a sewing machine - to go on the desk that doesn't yet exsist, in the room that isn't yet painted - but first I want to find either a good convertable table or plans for one. I'm sure ya'll have seen them - the sewing machine is screwed onto a board that can be flipped over to provide a flat uninteruppted cutting/crafts surface? It's going to be the sewing table AND the crafts/clay table (I'm already thinking of what kind of moveable covering I can put on the table so I don't get bits of clay in the cloth) so I would like to be able to both use the machine AND store the machine at the same time - without having to lug it around the room. I don't know what that KIND of table is called though, so - eh.


Um. So that's Saturday - library, then yard - or more likely - yard til it gets ugly hot, THEN library. Cuz, I think that the kind of books I get all gushy over aren't usually the ones that just FLY off the shelves. And Sunday, it's going to be all yard, all day. *wipes the thought of sweat off her forehead*


So much fun, so much!!

No comments: