Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Well, isn't that nice!

So....hopefully, hopefully, hopefully - we will get a riding lawnmower soon!! There's been an - delightful convergence of events that makes that possible.


First, I found a riding lawnmower (3yrs old, Craftsman) for 400 on craigslist. Now, 400 bucks is still 400 bucks - and we don't really HAVE 400 bucks to spend. So, I noted that it was still available, but kinda brushed it off.
Yesterday, I get home and have a letter from the mortgage company. Open it up - and *gasp!astonishment!* inside is a check for 570odd dollars - from overpayment of the escrow account!!! Supercalifreakingwonderous!! So - I was kicking about in my head what should we do with it, what should we do with it - and then a light bulb came on. *ding* Lawnmower it is.
Now, I'm jsut waiting to hear if it's STILL available, and if it is, whether they can drop it off for us. We could always rent a pickup for a day, but still - it would be nice if they could deliver. So! That's (hopefully) that.


In other fun news, I'm going to Nashville this weekend to hang out with some friends in the woods!! I do a lotta woodshanging with these chicks - but it's supremely fun. I need to bring a dessert (and I'm SUCH not a big dessert person - any good ideas for something that travels well and serves easily??) and practice putting up the tent. Also need to make a list of stuff that needs to be brought with me. :)


So - I've been thinking about (after the last few days of dismally drifting through the kitchen, wondering what the hell was for dinner) to try and start making monthly menus again. Since I usually grocery shop monthly, it makes sense to have a monthly menu. Also, having a menu will help with the 6pm brainracking as to what to cook, AND it'll help me/us eat a heck of a lot healthier - a little planning goes a long way.  Besides, I'm going to encourage C to cook as well - test out new menu ideas on us - at least the REASONABLE ones. I need to find another Asian/Indian store around here - the one I used to go to stopped carrying the spicy stuff that we use in a lot of dishes.


Hmm....my legs are still sore, but my arms are better. I don't know bout the berries - some are looking good, and others are looking kinda rough. The mulch is keeping the moisture in nicely, though. Giovanni is also participating with the garden work - he deposited a lovely little mouse/vole/mole body on the front porch today. *squicks*


Ohh!! I need to buy some paper bags to make fake wasps nests, so the little buggers will stop trying to build nests - in our carport, and under the deck, and in the corner of the pole barn, and - dangone near everywhere there is a convienent overhang.
Also - are there bats in Tennessee?? And if so - how do you encourage them to come and kick it at your house? No joks about bats in the belfry now!

No comments: