Monday, June 12, 2006

Today

Umm...I'm at my desk, and everytime I move, the back of my arms, or my thighs ache - jsut a little. It's a nice ache - the ache that tells you that you've actually done something active and useful - that you've actaully used your muscles in the way they were meant to be used.


The weekend is basically recapped in the previous two (picture) entries.  On Saturday, I did the last bit of running for supplies for the garden (I calculated it in my head yesterday, and ignoring the inital output for the tools, I spent 30 dollars on the garden - if the strawberries alone make it, it'll pay for itself!) and went to the library sale.


Oh. My. GAWD. It was - heavenly. And the second day - they had dropped the price, so the hardcover books were only a dollar, but the 'good' paperback were still 50 cents. The paperbacks that we advertised as 25 cents were romance novels - one genre that's never really been able to keep my attention. Anyhow, I ended up with 15 hardcovers, and 35 paperbacks (50 books! wow!) for 33 bucks. *delighted sigh*  They were mostly health related books, interestingly enough - and I actually BOUGHT a copy of 'What to Expect when you are Expecting' so that I could actually *shudder* read the book rather than skimming it - that way I can give more constructive critism around the horrors it contains other than just saying 'I hate that book'. I got a couple of cool books about the menstural cycle, a couple of herb books, a crapload of sci-fi books, and some kids books that I jsut couldn't resist because they were old favorites of mine. *thinks* I know I'm missing some category, but I can't remember what.


Work. AGGGHHH!! *pulls hair gently, since it jsut got done last night, and it's too cute to really mess up* Two more years, two more years - that's my mantra, that's my chant on a daily basis. I'm using them to get what I want, and - really, that's all that matters. I'll get over the feeling of not doing jack shit that is worthy HERE by doing plenty that is worthy at home.


Along those lines, I'm already thinking about extending the garden  - not to plant in this year, as I think I'm done - once the plants get bigger and shade some of the bed, I might toss some lettuce out there - and I'll most likely use it as a fall garden - but ONLY that bed. I went and looked at it this morning, and it looked like someone had either stepped on it on a cat's bottom had sat on it. *evil glare* damn cats. All the plants were fine - though the strawberries are looking right - puny. *sighs* I'm going to check the dirt tonight and see if they need some water. I was racking my brain for a way to shade them, but I couldn't come up with anything, and of course, the second I get to work, a brilliant idea pops into my head. *sighs* So, I'll set up the shade tomorrow - it's a bit overcast today, so they shouldn't burn too much - must coddle the berries!!
But I was talking about extending the garden, right?  The clay are that I was talking about is right in front of the deck now - and it's REALLY clayey - I mean, right there, it's PURE clay. I honestly DO want to dig it up. *grins* But, I need to see what is going on in the rest of that area - as well as measure things for my beds. The bed I made yesterday is a BIT bigger than I really want it to be - it's hard for me to reach the middle, and it's bad to walk on the dirt, so the next one will be smaller. *tsk* I might get hubby to help me pull the carpet out to cover the grass today - at least that way, I'll be able to see what the dirt looks like under there.


My next ourdoorsy task is to slowly, but surely, dig up EVERY. SINGLE. MONKEY grass plant. Them summabitchs spread like crazy, and they - they are just everywhere. Well that, and planting the periwinkle - as well as transplanting that volunteer periwinkle that showed up in the front yard.


Inside, we need to swing by HD again, and get some paint remover (because I would very much like to be able to open our front windows), some putty (to fix the holes/gaps/cracks in the walls that were convientently covered by wallpaper) and some 'real' wallpaper removed (to get rid of the VERY stubborn specks and bits of wallpaper still left on the walls). *laughs* Hubby got a bug up his butt as well, and started ripping own wallpaper in the game room - he only did about half a wall, but I still laughed at him. Humph! As if I'm the only one!


*rubs hands together*


Also, I think I've given up on the whole riding mower discussion. *grrr* At the end of the month, we will see how much 'extra' money we have (the budget isn't perfect because I didn't know C's actuall income, so I know I understated it) and get a used mower. *grins* At least the lawn will be nice and cut.

No comments: