Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Procrastination's Price...

...is about 1600.00.


That's how much it's going to cost to get my car fixed (okay, really, to install a whole new brake system, and two new tires, and new oil, and summerizing, and new windshield wipers, and a new air filter, and some other shit I'm sure I'm forgettng - but that's fixing, right??) Edited: And by a whole new brake system, I mean I was terrified driving this morning, and seriously considered staying home TODAY because my car was NOT safe to drive - it was fine yesterday, interestingly enough - but I got halfway to Sears/work and the brakes just STOPPED working. I had to use the emergency brake, low speed, prayers and cursing in order to get to the shop. And I figure anything I might save in shopping around, I'd loose in having to stay home from work, as well as tow fees. Now see, if I had done this shit 3 months ago when I KNEW I needed new brakes, I wouldn't be getting reamed like this. But - *taps hand* I've learned my lesson now, right? Right?
And oh yeah - the main reason it costs so much? Cuz I wanted a pocket rocket, and therefore have to pay for freaking DEALER parts - no cheapo parts here. *sigh* The entire rear of my car is *thinks* exclusively Subaru. I know there's a better word for it, but I don't know how to spell it, and really don't feel like looking it up.


I've been half nauseated all day. I mean - holy SHIT that is a lot of money. And interestingly enough, I think I'm sick over the cost because I'm putting it on plastic. The use of credit (unexpected, unplanned use - not like the delightful shopping spree we had at Home Depot yesterday) actually makes me feel ILL. That's a good sign, I think. It's interesting - we actually have a 'regular' card, but I really didn't want to use it, and put the car on the Sears card - laregely because their assraping interest rates will encourage me to pay it off in a few months.


I'm seriously considering taking off from work tomorrow, as I really don't feel like coming to work at 4:30am so that C can be at work by 5am, nor do I feel like waking up and driving him to work at 4:30am so that I can have a car for the rest of the day. Bloody hell.


Um, in slightly more cheerful news - all of our paint colors are GORGEOUS. We watched them as they opened the cans after shaking to dab the color on the lid - and they were GORGEOUS. Just - glowing jewel colors, and cool fresh blues, and dirtly rich browns - just farking GORGEOUS. So we have painting stuff for - days to come.


I want to have the 'official' housewarming in Oct, so that the house will look - well, nice. I would like to have the bookcases built, and actually have everything unpacked, and at least have the downstairs all pretty. Hubby wants to have it in June, because he thinks waiting until Oct kinda defeats the purpose of a housewarming (which in his mind is to get gifts - my idea of a housewarming is to show OFF your house to friends and family - not to troll for gifts - but then, we had the same issue around our wedding reception). *shrugs* I really don't want MY friends to come over til the house is decent looking, but he can have his friends over anytime he wants - *sigh* I don't know. I just want the walls painted and the shelving up - maybe we can do that by the end of June, but I doubt it - esp considering he's just started a new job, and he's going to be working unholy hours, and - just in general - I think the end of June is rushing it. And considering we don't have central air, I'm not inviting NOBODY(s) to kick it inside our house in July/August (I'm not that cruel) so that takes us to September.......maybe September.


Umm.... haven't worked on unstucking the stuck windows yet - I really think I would like to stay home tomorrow. I can get SO much more done when he's not at home.


Also! I took the pictures of the odd growths last night, and realized that really - there aren't that many! I planned on posting them today, but work has actually kinda kept me occupied, so that'll have to wait til tomorrow.
So - hmmmm, I wonder if he priced out lawn services yesterday? Probably not - so I could do that tomorrow too - if I stayed home. I REALLY need a good set of gardening tools - the ones I have now are so - blech - that they BEND in the dirt, and our dirt really isn't THAT hard once it's wet. So - we shall see.


Yeah, I'm going to work from home tomorrow. Where's my boss?

No comments: