Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Humph

So, right?


Haven't felt much like writing here - I cheat on OD regularily over on LJ for spiritual and weightloss stuff, so I've been writing, just not HERE. I suppose here, this is more of a general journal of my day to day stuff, and day to day has been kinda - dull.


Well, okay - that's not quite true - I (we) actually had a fun weekend - one of C's coworkers from the old job invited us out to see another friend of theirs play at a little college club/hole in the wall type of place. It was fun - met some cool people, spent WAYYY too much freaking money, had the best damn cheesesteak I've ever wrapped my lips around (take THAT, Geno's!!). 


Umm - on the hone front, unfiberglassed the window in the living room (don't ask) and the temperature in the whole house has dropped an EASY 10-12 degrees just from having that flowthrough. Now, even on the HOT HAWT days, it tops off around 75 in the house - which is wonderful. Attacked some of the wallpaper in the library - *pulls hair* oh my GOD - painful, painful, nitpicky process it is. Can't I just sandblast the walls?


Garden is doing well - I need to stake the tomatoes tonight, and I've given C permission to go all airgun on the ass of any rabbit that we see. *glares* Damn wabbits. The strawberries did poorly (poor bubbies!!) so we DEFINITELY won't have a crop this year (I don't think they are ever bearers) but we should have a nice crop next year.


My hair is - well. *sighs* It's - it's an interesting mass of stuff. It's funny, I realize that I have no CLUE as to what to - DO with it. I love it, love it, love it, and if I didn't work for corporate america, I'd most likely be freeform locking it (possibily the messiest hairstyle EVER) but as it is, I'm trying to keep it neat and soft and purty without becoming a product junkie. Humph. I would cut it all off and start from the beginning if it wasn't for the fact that C would have a kitten, and the fact that I ADORE my color. Love it, love it, love it. Not loving the roots quite so much, but - *ppphhfft* love the color!


I'm still feeling rather frustrated, but with a different focus. *sigh* two more years, that's all - just two more years. Hey!! It's almost July, which will make that like - actual truth! Hmm.... I think I will be working on the library every night this week, so that we can actually PAINT over the long weekend. *sqqqqqqquuuuueeeee!!!* I miss my books, really, really, like REALLY I do. Hmmm. Still need bookcases though.


Went to a corporate meeting this morning - two hours worth of rehearsed platitudes and trite words. Blech. I actually took notes on all of the different ways they talked about firing people - or layoffs - or letting people go - or reducing overhead burders - or S&A (something & assests) reduction - or workforce 'planning'  - or 'tightening the belt to become a smaller company' ... or whatever the hell else. Humph. And considering the whole thing was about how to restructure IT to make us 'more effective' without paying us more, or hiring more people, (or basically, doing shitelse other than having us work harder) - it was really a delightful slap in the face for the last words to be 'But those (indicating the portfolio managers who carp about how IP is becoming more effecient (by firing and closing mills left and right)) are the REALLY important people'.
Humph. A company can become rich WITHOUT being publicly offered.  Really, the most important PEOPLE are the customers, only narrowly leading the employees. Because ya know, if you don't have customers, you're GOING to lose money, and if you don't have employees, you're going to lose money. The only people who think that the 'Street' is the most important thing are those working for their options rather than for a paycheck. I swear, everytime I go to one of these (mandatory) meetings, I just feel all warm and shitted on afterwards. And the fact that one of the 'leaders' on the podium was crowing about hoping that stock reaches 61 so that he can retire and buy that 30ft yacht he's always wanted and spend all his time in the Gulf of Mexico made all us working slobs who are hoping they can afford to send their kids to college feel REALLL warm and full of company pride.
But at the same time, I can't whinge TOO much, as we are constantly assured that OUR group/team/project is different. I just need us to stay different for two more years, then I'll return the warm and shitted upon feeling.


Umph. I need some coffee.

No comments: