Thursday, June 15, 2006

So.

I'm a bit of a shorty, and I've got Heidi Dazzlinghooters - just to preface this minor rant. I love my car, I do, I do, I do! but - the seatbelt inSISTS on attempting to slice my jugular on a regular (and why don't those words rhyme? English! Beh!). A while ago (2-3, maybe 4 years ago) I found this nifty little device that goes on the waist bit of the seatbelt, that allows you to 'shift' the shoulder bit, so that it goes across the chest, rather than across the neck.
A few months ago, goofy me accidentally slammed it in the door of the car, and the latch cracked - thus insuring that it would only hold onto the seatbelt as long as I didn't move - and considering my daily boogiewoogie drive to work - that just wasn't happening. So - I've been on what feels like a treasure hunt looking for one.
Autozone. Nope.
O'Reilly's. Nope.
Sears Auto. Nope.
Walgreens. Nope.
Family Dollar. Nope.
Big Lots. Nope.
Various Gas Stations. Nope.


Arrrgghhh!! I went to Walmart today (the first time I've been in there in - years, and the only reason I went is because three of the above recommended that I go). I start out nearly busting me ass on the very recently shiny waxed floors, but with careful manuevering, I make it to the Auto Section.  I asked the nice fellow behind the desk in the Auto Department, and my spirits really soared when as soon as I asked him if he had a seat belt clip, he started describing it.


Have you ever seen the cartoons where one fellow asks the other fellow if he's seen a third fellow (usually the third fellow is the fellow he's asking, just in disguise) and that fellow gives a detailed description, then says 'Nope, haven't seen him!'
Yeah. Walmart fellow did that - THEN told me to try walmart.com. WALMART.COM!  ARRRGGGHHHHH.


I wanted to have one before me roadtrip to nashville, but noooooooooo.....bloodyblinking walmart.com!


*sighs* So. I guess I'll have to scour the net. And when I find em, I'm buying like - 12. Just in case, ya know?


Umph. Walmart.com.


And can I say - it's hot as the Devils left buttcheck after an S&M session out there?? The only reason to be outside at noon today should have been to be in a pool with something fruity and alcoholic - not wandering about all Hickory Hill looking for a blankety blanking seat belt clip!


Humph.


I just need to be 2 inches taller. That might be easier to achieve than finding one of those - thingys.


Edited: I love bloggers, really I do!!! The fabulous WhateverIWant found this - I brought 3. Mwuauahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: