Sunday, June 11, 2006

Plant ID's....

Okay - first one. I think this is burdock, but I'm not sure.


(1)



This is the one that reminded me of mint, but doesn't smell like it.  This is about 6-8 inches high.


(2)



I think this might be the same plant - just MUCH bigger, like 2 ft tall.


(3)



I wasn't sure what this one was, but after talking to the fellow who had the strawberries, I found out it's periwinkle! It's so purty, I wanted to stick this picture in anyhow.


(4)



Chickweed?? Queen Anne's Lace?? It's about - 2-3ft tall.


(5)



This is a tree, but the flowers look almost the same as the ones in the above picture.  Hey, maybe that one's just a baby tree.


(6)



What the heck is THIS one?? What (other than roses) has thorns?? These badboys popped up in the middle of the side yard - there are about 10-12 of them, and the are about 3ft tall.


(7)



This is the so-called "Tulip Tree" thats in a bush form. I haven't seen any flowers, but it DEFINITELY doesn't look like the Tulip Tree in my plant ID book.


(8)



And another picture of the whole "bush".  I have a tree with the same leaves too.


(8a)



I had a few wee difficulites with convincing the camera to focus on this one, and didn't feel like reading the book. It reminds me of hops, about a foot tall.


(9)



And this one - I've no clue, but the little spiky things are pretty cool. It's tiny, about 3-5 inches tall.


(10)




Any ideas, yall??


No comments: