Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Centerpiece

Hmm.. I was so busy fussing about the envelopes, I forgot to mention something else I did this evening. I found the centerpieces - FINALLY. I had seen these earlier, and thought that if they weren't the color they were, they would be perfect. I hemmed and hawed for a while, but when I went back into the store and saw them again - I knew I had to buy them. Thus, I am now the proud owner of THIRTY glass and wrought iron floating candle holders. I got them from the Dollar Store, and I figure that as it gets warmer, I can simply spray them them - 10 ivory, 10 copper, and 10 gold. I'm going to put one of each color on the tables, and hopefully (if I can find them) have three plain round floating candles in each one.
I had stalled on my previous centerpiece idea because after talking to my coordinator at the hotel, she let me know that the only kind of candles they allow are floating ones. So - now the hunt is on to find thesefloating candles. Since the holders (which I expected to be the pricey bit) came in SUPER far under budget (unlike anything else thus far) I'll be able too splurge a little on the candles. For some reason, I think I've seen the kind of candles I want at Ikea, but they don't show them on the website. :( So... I'm off to find some candles.

I'm such a hunter-gatherer. :)

jasmyn

No comments: