Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Creeps

There is a woman on Yahoo!Personals who is giving out my phone number. That bothers me on SEVERAL different levels. I don't know who she is, and none of the men who call me to get in touch with her seem to want to give up the goods on her. Today, I got the FOURTH phone call in under 2 weeks from a guy looking for 'Laura'. She sends them an email, and in the email she puts in a phone number for them to contact her. Now, if it happened once, I would have shrugged it off as a typo - I mean everyone's fingers slip occasionally, right? But 4 times? This chick is using a wrong number - and didn't even bother to check and see whose number it was. If I find out what her screen name is...I'm going to send her a VERY nasty gram. Gr.
I guess what is creeping me out the most is that I had this 'friend' who I met on Yahoo!. I say 'friend' because she certainly wasn't a close friend of mine for several reasons that were all on my part, but because I'm a softy, I didn't (which maybe I should have) discourage her from thinking of me as a 'best friend'. My issues with her started with the fact that she lies to everyone from her husband to her parents to her pastor, and I assumed me too. She was going to school to be a YOUTH MINISTER and claimed to be a rock-solid christian and she also claimed to have some mental health issues - which I don't know if that was true or not, but I know she never took her 'meds'. The straw that broke the back of her association with me was when we went to Dayton - she was having some marital issues, and wanted to get away. She can't keep a job, and doesn't have a car, so I was the driver. I had fun - dancing, drinking a little flirting - she had even more fun - including making out with some guy in the parking lot of the club. She however stepped over the line when she invited some dude she had JUST MET the night before (though even if she had known him for years it wouldn't have been any better) (and this was DIFFERENT guy from the guy she made out with) and fucked him in the bed that was oh - 2 feet from the bed I was SLEEPING in. Yeah. Very nasty. Did I mention that she hadn't even been married for a year yet? Yeah. I don't think any woman here would ever want to WAKE up to the sounds of some STRANGER fucking in the bed next to you. Ick ick ick ick ICK! So, once again, being a nice person - rather than listing for her in DETAIL what I thought of her, her habits, and her morals, I simply told her that I didn't think we should be friends any longer, and asked her to break off contact with me.
I know that she hangs out on Yahoo!Personals, and I think she might be twisted enough to give out my phone number to the guys she is drumming up. She called me a few days ago to see if I would meet with her to visit with her kids for a second, and I haven't responded - and don't plan on responding. She had a wonderful set of children who I liked quite a bit, but even for the kids I'm not trying to step anywhere NEAR the tar pit of dependency that she sucked me into the first time.

I may be kind, but I ain't stupid.

No comments: