Friday, March 21, 2003

Competition

Corey has no clue - but I'm near in LOVE with this man. Solely for his cutting, insightful, and utterly uncensored writings on his feelings about life as a black person in America.




And that's all I'm going to say about that.




Went to my first belly dancing class yesterday - I got there a few moments late because I couldn't figure out how to get into the building. I finally just gave up and hiked up my skirt and jumped the fence. Heh. It's - interesting. Takes a lot more thought than I expected - you have to concentrate on isolating sections of your body and ONLY moving them. And can I say that standing in front of a mirror THAT big on a weekly basis is going to keep me on the path of no dietary 'deviations'. I'm looking forward to keeping on with this class though - it's fun and it works some muscles I didn't even know I had. After just the first one, I'm sure I'll take it at LEAST once, and I want to take the Intermeadiate and Advanced classes too.
I've discovered something rather frustrating too. Actually - two things that are rather frustrating.
1) I'm VERY disconnected form my body. I have a hard time tapping into getting myself to MOVE the way I want to. I'm way too far into my own head to get further into my body. I'm sure its a side effect of YEARS of utterly NO physical activity more coordinated than walking, so I should be able to improve on that.
2) I am VERY flexible, and while that isn't a bad thing in the least, it makes it really impossible for me to stretch out certain parts of my body (like my shoulders, hips, back and obliques). I can bend until I simply CAN'T bend anymore (due to flesh getting in the way) and STILL not be stretching anything. I think I might swing by a bookstore tonight to and see if I can find a book about stretching - there's GOT to be something I can do.

I finally washed ALL of my clothes yesterday - seven loads (and that was JUST clothing). I counted, and I own 32 pairs of bras (retail price about 800.00 - I paid about 360.00). Once I narrowed them down to ones that actually FIT right - I was at 10 pairs.Well, only having ten bras will at least force me to wash clothes every week.
The ones I can't fit anymore aren't old (under a year - and with THAT many obviously they haven't been worn hard), and still in rather good condition. I'd feel HORRID to throw them out, but is there any place (womens shelter or something) that will actually TAKE bras? I know that Dress for Sucess won't take undergraments - but maybe I can call and double check with them - esp. since they are so big. They bend their rules for suits over a size 14, so maybe they will do the same for bras? I mean good support is the BEST way to look good in your clothes - esp. if you have some big ole bazoombas. I KNOW someone can use them...

This weekend, I plan on lounging about the house mostly. Cleaning some, finishing my centerpieces, and buying my COMPUTER & digital camera!! I got the money, and after a bit of internal debating because having one of those cards reflect a balance of 0.00 is just SO lovely, I decided to go for it. I want to start up a small business, and I simply don't feel RIGHT trying to operate that on the company's equipment. Ethically, it's just a little too far on the shady side. I have no problem with working on my novel(s) at work, as I have no plans of making money from them...
I don't know what computer I'm going to get (though I'm planning on getting a Gateway), but think I do know what camera I want - it's a tie between two very similar ones. Both Canons, as I love the 35mm Canon I have, and both PowerShots. One is the S40, and the other is the S45. *shrugs* Not a big difference between the two, and about a 50 dollar difference, but I need to get in a store and actually hold them to figure out which one I want.
And I'm going to get my tattoo too. On my way home tonight, I'm going to stop into Artistic Skin Designs and schedule some time with Tony (whose work I like the best) to get it done Saturday or Sunday. I'm soooooo excited. If I can, I'll take pictures with my new digital camera....

No comments: