Monday, March 17, 2003

Busywork

It's still gorgeous outside. We (me and several coworkers) took a nice walk outside after lunch, and now I'm pumped about planning my spring schedule. My goal is to insure that I am OUT of the house most nights of the week. So far - I'm doing good.
Mondays - starting mid April, I'm going to take swimming lessons. Now that I have my 'new' eyes, I REALLY want to learn how to swim. That was one of the reasons that I never learned how to swim was because once I was in the water, I couldn't SEE. *laughs* I tried to explain to my mother just how odd that is, but I gave up. Your vision is altered enough as it is by JUST being in water, and I couldn't see as it was, so there was no way I could see clearly.
Tuesdays - starting April 8th, I'm going to be taking American Sign Languages classes. I planned on taking them earlier, but I missed the registration period. This time - it's inked in on my calander, and so I'm DEFINITELY going this time.
Wednesdays - I have nothing PLANNED for this day, but I'm thinking it might be a good gardening/laying about in the sun (if it's sunny) day. :)
Thursdays - The belly-dancing classes. Those start this week, and it's an 8 week class. :) This should be loads of fun! I have enough BELLY to dance with this is for sure.
Fridays - There is a Open Mic that I could go to - if I ever get up the nerve to go to a bigger forum than the one I started with. I want to write a few more new poems (or at least RE-write/edit some of my old stuff) before I move to a different forum. I have to admit though, the small group that I went to last week seemed to LOVE my poetry. It was really fun and exciting. One of the guys who read there (and his son) reads at this Friday night meeting, and they said that it's nice... so on the Fridays that Corey comes here, I can go to that reading. At some point when I get crazier or braver (and is there really a difference?).




I want to bitch, moan and whine for a while. I'm losing weight, and while that is a wonderful thing is sooo many ways - there is one way in which I'm UTTERLY dreading it. I'm going to have to buy new bras. As of today, most of my bras are 42/44 DDD. I brought close to 400.00 worth of bras from Lane Bryant while I worked there, which means I most likely only actually paid about 150.00 for them. The issue is that now, I've lost enough freaking weight that I really NEED to be in a 38/40 DDD, and dammit them bitches are EXPENSIVE. Obviously, the girls are big enough that they NEED some sturdy support, and so the cheap bras simply don't cut it - I might as well be wearing the wrong size. So - I'm dragging my feet, because I'm so not in the mood to spend what I need to spend to get some good bras, but - what choice do I have? I can't be going around with droopy boobies - besides it being most unattractive - my back will start to hurt, and I have NO intention of EVER getting reduction surgery, so bad bras aren't an option. Gah.

No comments: