Friday, March 14, 2003

Done, done, done.

So. In a bag hanging on the door to my apartment is a bag. In that bag, there are 33 envelopes. On those envelopes, there are 33 55cent Love Letter stamps that I fingaled out of my local post office.



Sidebar: I HATE the new love stamps. I hate them with a passion (and I'm going to go totally bridal and scream: and they DON'T MATCH MY ENVELOPES). However, last years set of Love stamps were the love letter ones.... they looked like.... that. And even though I only needed 37 cent stamps, I decided to be an utter brat and get the more expensive ones that matched. And yes, I brought all that the post office had. Which is just enough for the STD's and the invites. Yes I'm spoiled. Dammit. :)


On those 33 envelopes with their 33 55ct stamps, there are 33 return addresses to me. Also on those 33 envelopes with their 33 55ct stamps & their 33 return addresses - there are address of roughly 50ish people who I hope to have at my wedding.

Oy. Vey. It took me close to THREE hours to find a pen (and two craft stores) (and much pleading to be allowed to open pen packages)(and much cursing about my choice of sparkly ass envelope) that would actually WRITE on the envelopes in a attractive way. You may remember than when we last spoke, I had given in on the pen issue and was going to go with clear labels. Much to may dismay, because of the color/texture of the envelopes, I might as well have used WHITE labels for how inconspicuous they were. *siiiigggghhhhhh* So, after much cursing and stomping about - I emailed the company that I purchased the envelopes from to see if they had any suggestions. He wrote back suggesting a Sharpie. I am SOOO glad that I took a piece of loose paper to the store with me, because the Sharpie SUCKED. So...many pens, many bad words letter...all I need to do is SEND THEM AWAY. :) Yay.

In other bridal news - I also found some spray paint for my centerpieces. The gold & the copper are going well, but I think the ivory is gonna be tough. The color of the holders now is dark brown - and obviously any missed patches show up on the ivory than does on the metallic ones. But I figured out that if I spray them upside down FIRST, then spray the top - it looks pretty nice. Right now I have a full set of the centerpieces with the candles and all sitting on my dining room table. Only on of the bowls actaully has LIT candles in it, as I am not crazy enough to waste my precious candles. :) But I like. I like verrah, verrah much. So. I've decided that the little gemmy things aren't needed, as you can't see them for the candles anyhow.

:) So. I've gotten a good bit done today. Yay me!

jasmyn

No comments: