Wednesday, March 12, 2003

bubbles

Ever have a feeling or a thought that just felt SO perfect and glorious and wonderful that all of a sudden it feels like the entire top of your head is filled with bubbles? I just got off the phone with Corey - and he suggested as a possible place to move to when we leave here - Miami. Suddenly my body is filled with bubbles.
The cost of living is a little higher, but we could cover that by the simple fact of us living together. Midwifery is legal there, and in fact one of the few midwifery SCHOOLS in the US is in Florida. The weather is great - one of the main things I was looking for in a city was that it be WARM. The ocean is close by - and we have both always wanted to live near the ocean. We are STILL on the East Coast which honestly, was one of the biggest reasons I was uncertain about moving to Cali, since my family and ALL my friends live on the East Coast. Miami is a bustling city - Corey will easily be able to find cooking jobs there. MIDWIFERY IS TOTALLY LEGAL - oh my god I could go to school...and be safe in the law... and learn with others...and be back in school.
The crime rate is a little higher, yes. We would have to learn Spanish, yes - but we planned on doing that anyway. You can get hit by hurricanes - yes. However, at least with hurricanes you have forwarning, AND you can escape. In a earthquake, you are SO screwed.

:) I'm giggly. I'm off to find diaries of Miami type people. I can't figure out what was so unattractive about Miami that it didn't end up on our original 'move-to' list...

No comments: