Thursday, March 20, 2003

Markings

I'm thinking about getting my 1st tattoo this weekend. I've definitely settled on this:



on my right hip but I haven't settled on when I'm going to get it. At first, I wanted Corey here when I got it - but that's really not that crucial to me. Besides, I'd love to suprise him with it.
So. I was thinking about this weekend. There's nothing special about it (except for the fact that I MIGHT be under 200 pounds for the first time in about 4 years), but maybe there shouldn't HAVE to be anything special about it. The act of getting tattooed itself is significant to me.
I'm actually looking forward to the pain of it - though considering I have a relatively high level of pain endurance, it might not be as noticable as I'm expecting it to be, especially since I feel so numb.

Well...numb's not quite the right word. I feel foggy - like my brain's been stuffed with cotton wool and then dipped in water. Work is worthless, as I'm not doing anything real here but checking salon.com, alternet.org and cnn.com.

I think I might go home now. Wash some clothes. Play with my cats. Go to my first bellydancing class.

No comments: