Thursday, March 20, 2003

Dream

I had the worst dream I think I've ever had last night.
I was driving to work, actually NOT speeding for once, more or less minding my own business. I'm suddenly surrounded by cop cars, and they yank me out of my car and proceed to arrest me. I'm crying/sobbing & pleading with them as to why they are arresting me. They tell me they are rounding up everyone of Arabic descent, and my name earmarks me as one of them. I'm taken to a jail cell with two other women, and I'm just sitting in the corner, still crying, utter terrified and shaken. I ask for a phone to make a call - and they tell me that no calls are allowed.
I woke up then, suprisingly NOT crying as I usually wake up crying when I'm that scared in a dream. I laid there, and thought about how possible such a thing is. If something like that happened - I would most likely be set free rather quickly as I LOOK NOTHING like a person of Arabian descent, but - it could happen. Suddenly, any resistance I might have had to taking Corey's name is utterly erased. In fact, I can't wait.

No comments: